An Accra High Court has ordered the Ministry of Youth and Sports( MOYS) to set up a seven-member Normalization Committee to manage amputee football in the country, after approving a proposed roadmap.
The committee members shall include NPC-Ghana, MOYS, a Lawyer, a Journalist and two representatives of the MOYS.
MOYS, in a letter dated 23rd May, 2022, addressed to the Registrar of Commercial Division of High Court, proposed a roadmap for amputee football until the case between Ghana Amputee Football Federation vs NSA and NPC-Ghana is determined.
The roadmap was in response to a court order in a letter dated 17th May 2022, demanding a report from MOYS on getting a team to represent Ghana at this year’s World Cup in Turkey.
At the High Court of Justice – Commercial Division 6, Accra, presided over by His Lordship Justice Jerome Noble Nkrumah on Tuesday 19th July 2022, approved the Minister’s roadmap with the directive that the Minister “shall implement his proposal to ensure the participation of a team from Ghana. Noting that the National Paralympic Committee of Ghana is a party in the present suit, the Minister shall ensure the effective supervision by the Ministry of the role of the National Paralympic Committee of Ghana in this endeavour.”
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Tonto steps down, Funke Akindele loses, Desmond Elliot wins – 7 celebrities in Nigeria’s 2023 election
- Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92
- US aid worker and French journalist kidnapped in Niger released
- Bruce Willis’s wife speaks of her grief at his dementia on his 68th birthday
- What chicken feet tell us about daily life in Egypt
- ECG mass disconnection: Dial “*226# to verify staff that come to your house – Managing Director
- Road Toll returns soon: Should e-Levy stay or go?
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- There is nothing wrong with exploiting natural resources, depletion is the problem – Dr Krugu
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG undertakes massive disconnection exercise to recover GH₵5.7 bn debt
- I’ll win VGMA Best Rap Performance award again – Lyrical Joe
- Gas-filled tanker removed from Duampompo on Accra-Kumasi highway after JoyNews report
- Rave reviews greet Nana Fynn’s book “My Home, My Hell: Should I stay or should I go?”
- Residents of Krofrom benefit from free health screening