Data from the Ghana Health Service Covid-19 update page indicates a decline in new cases from 203 on June 24 to 83 on June 26.
The data also showed that one death was recorded in the last two days, with six severe cases recorded and one in critical condition.
Similarly, the number of active cases recorded in a day has reduced from 1,556 to 1,542 within the said period.
The regional distribution of active cases, which shows the Greater Accra Region as having recorded the highest number also registered a decline in the last two days, from 1,065 to 1,013.
The Eastern Region recorded the second highest with 101 cases, followed by Bono Region with 99 cases and Ashanti and Central regions with 92 and 82 cases so far.
The rest of the regions recorded below 50 cases with the Bono East Region recording 47 cases, followed by Volta Region with 30 cases, 22 cases from Ahafo Region and 14 cases each from Oti and Western regions.
The Upper East Region followed with 10 cases, Upper West with eight cases, Western North with seven cases and one case each from Northeast and the Northern Region.
One case had been recorded among international travelers so far with no cases recorded in the Savannah Region.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), according to the World Health Organization (WHO), is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
Most people infected with the virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment.
However, some would become seriously ill and require medical attention.
Signs and symptoms of COVID-19, include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell and sore throat.
- Kofi Adoma assaulted by unknown men at Old Ashongman
- Commonwealth Games: Joseph Paul Amoah wins bronze in men’s 200m event
- Fire outbreak in Kronum community in Ashanti, 1 trapped
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah Hall clash: Persons found culpable will be sanctioned – UG Management
- Joseph Commey misses out on Commonwealth Games boxing gold after falling sick on fight eve
- Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah clash: Police deployed to UG campus
- Commonwealth Games: Sports Minister asks for report on Ghana’s disqualification from men’s 4x100m
- 18-year-old dies in Kronum fire while attempting to salvage father’s property
- Akufo-Addo commissions North East RCC Administration block
- Getting rid of defaulting political parties by EC is in the right direction – CDD-Ghana
Commonwealth Hall disassociates itself from violence on UG campus
KNUST Senior High Old Students launch endowment fund to support alma mater
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund tempering great expectations after holding off Bayer Leverkusen
5 SMEs begin business development training at Recycle Up! Ghana
Kronum-Afrancho fire: 18-year-old SHS student burnt to death
Ghanaians must apologize to Moesha Buduong – Efe Keyz
Parties at loggerheads must not be compelled to engage in ADR mediation – Martin Nwosu
Asogli State ushers in 2022 Te Za with hiking on Adaklu Mountain
‘Your footprints will remain indelible in North East’ – Nayiri applauds Akufo-Addo
Insurance Industry to launch 2022 nation-wide blood donation campaign on Aug 9
Women should be advocates for Alternative Disputes Resolution – Dr. Korang
MyHelp-YourHelp Foundation organises free health screening at Ashiaman
Akufo-Addo commissions North East YEA multipurpose office
University of Ghana set to hold public discussion on academic freedom
‘Breaking the 8’ is possible but requires unity, peace among all party members – Dr Adutwum