Comedian Derrick Kobina Bonney, popularly known as DKB, has dropped all legal actions he initiated against embattled actress Akuapem Poloo for accusing him of hoarding a GH¢4,000.00 donation.
Akuapem Poloo born Rosemond Brown after being granted bail thanked Ghanaians for the support she received but also indicated that some said amount in the custody of Derrick Kobina Bonney had not been given to her family.
Her statement in a video was not welcomed by the comedian who later revealed that he was charging the actress of defamation.
But taking to social media on Friday. the comedian revealed that the intervention of some personalities including United Kingdom-based gospel musician Dr. Sonnie Badu and the mother of the Ghanaian actress led to his decision to retract the lawsuit.
“What touched my heart was that Rosemond’s mum called one of the people for almost one hour on the phone; wailing and crying saying she can’t even eat, that she begs, she doesn’t want any police case, any court case for her daughter again.
“So these people pleaded with me and officially I have dropped the case against her. The defamatory lawsuit has been dropped out of the respect I have for these people,” he said in a video circulating on social media.
Meanwhile, reports say DKB has unfollowed the actress on all social media platforms and has also blocked her on WhatsApp.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- DDE: Labour holds government to ‘exemption to all pension funds’ promise
- Akufo-Addo assigns Employment Minister additional responsibility for pensions
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Presidency spent GH¢15m on car tyres and batteries between Jan and Sept. 2022 – Ablakwa
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- Schools in six regions yet to receive any textbooks – Festus Longmatey
- What warranted the payment of Covid risk allowances to staff of Ministry of Information? – Sammy Gyamfi asks
- UniMAC-GIJ to hold 4th inter-faculty lecture
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to fix our schools of shame
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- Over 65 African researchers have received more than $1.5m for NTD research
- Joy Clean Ghana Campaign: AMA environmental health officers attacked by traders at Agbogbloshie
- James Gunn on Henry Cavill Superman exit and DCU future
- Ghanaian Disc Jockey LeonardoDDJ hits half a million monthly listeners on Spotify
- Insist on seeing street food vendors’ permit before buying from them – FDA to Public
- Selling old individual bonds before maturity date is not advisable – John Kumah
- DDE: Individual bondholders on pension to protest on Feb. 6 for exemption
- Chaka Demus and Pliers feature Ghanaian singer Renner on Young Gyal Business
- We will settle cases in line with the Law – Buipe Traditional Council assures Chieftaincy Affairs Minister
- FIPAG apologises for actor Yaw Dabo’s ‘lazy people watch movies’ comment