Meet the doctor who tested positive for Covid-19 share her experience with JoyNew’s AM Show.
She was performing her usual duty as a specialist paediatrician at the newborn intensive care unit of one of the country’s hospitals when she was infected with the virus.
Still recovering, the mother of one says she received great support from colleagues who sometimes left food at her doorstep.
Despite the support, she also suffered stigmatisation from some healthcare workers.
The AM Show airs on JoyNews from Mondays to Fridays from 6 am to 9 am. It is also available on DSTV Channel 421 and GOTV Channel 144.
- ‘How can people lie like this?’ – E. T. Mensah on NDC’s Saglemi Housing project defence
- Volta, Bono, Bono East regions emerge as Covid-19 hotspots
- 10 more deaths recorded in Ghana’s Covid-19 fight
- UG to cough up $165m judgment debt for abrogating Africa Integras partnership
- Founders’ Day: We must work to free ourselves from colonial power that binds us – Akufo-Addo
- Michael Jai White loses oldest son to Covid-19
- Stop rolling out new projects until all existing ones are completed – Mahama tells government
- If any person should be prosecuted over Saglemi, it should be E. T. Mensah – Stan Dogbe
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, August 5, 2021
- Chief’s linguist shot dead during robbery operation
Man shot dead in robbery attack at Akyem-Asuom
Tourism Minister charge youth to share ideas to help revive sector
Assume good position when breastfeeding to avoid complications – Midwife advises women
Applications for UK government’s Chevening Scholarships opens
#FixTheCountry demonstration to be replicated in Kumasi and all other capitals – Convenors
Livestream: NPP commemorates 29-year anniversary
Tokyo 2020: Ghana’s 4×100 men’s team qualify for final after breaking national record
BoG’s trading platform : cedi hits ¢5.99; forex bureaux sell at ¢6.01 plus
We’ve lost about ¢720k to African Swine fever – Saki pig farmers
UG to cough up $165m judgment debt for abrogating Africa Integras partnership
Our Covid-19 testing device at KIA is reliable – FDA
Today’s front pages: Thursday, August 5, 2021
IMF lowers Ghana’s inflation forecast to 9.6%
African governments must enact laws to sanction sources of misinformation – ECOWAS
Whether through courts or by-election, I don’t see anything changing in Assin North – Brogya Genfi