The Ghana Medical Association (GMA) has withdrawn outpatient services starting this morning as it embarks on a nationwide strike over salary distortions.
According to the doctors, they will only attend to emergencies and in-patients for this week. The GMA further indicated that the strike will intensify with all services withdrawn if government does not respond to the strike within the week.
GMA President Dr Kwabena Opoku-Adusei told Joy News government has not been forthcoming in abiding by the National Labour Commission’s (NLC) ruling concerning the conversion difference and market premium.
However, on Monday February 11, Cornelius Yawson, Director of Negotiations at the Fair Wages and Salaries Commission, admitted on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show that although the implementation of the NLC ruling has been delayed, processes are underway to get the matter resolved.
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 3 more people
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Cedi registers unprecedented weekly decline in trading as dollar demand surges
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- ‘Everything was working well for me in 2010’ – Asamoah Gyan on best year of his career
- Eddie Cudjoe: Optimising electricity use for business profitability
- In pictures: Tears flow as murdered nurse applicant’s body arrives in her hometown
- First trailer for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial movie ‘Hot Take’ Drops
- Illegal mining, lack of fertilisers risk undercutting 2022/2023 cocoa yields in Ghana – Redd Intelligence
- Increase Producer Price of cocoa to ¢838 to alleviate farmers plight – GCCP
- Shut door on Ghanaians having Ghana card but yet to re-register SIM cards – Communications Ministry urged
- Meghan Markle wanted to live in Windsor Castle and be seen as a princess, royal expert claims
- Nespresso premieres new boutique concept in Accra at Marina Mall
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Afghan blast kills 19 teenagers sitting practice exam
- Edmund Addo returns to Sheriff Tiraspol after botched summer transfer
- No UCC student has been stabbed to death; campus is safe – SRC
- Chinese employer who allegedly slashed throat of Ghanaian employee to be arraigned today