The Nkawie Circuit Court has sentenced a 34-year-old driver to six months imprisonment for breaking road traffic regulations at Tepa, in the Ahafo Ano North Municipality.
Yaw Mensah, pleaded guilty to driving without license, roadworthy certificate and an insurance and was convicted on his own plea.
Police Inspector Jonas Newlove Agyei told the court that on August 8, police officers from the Tepa Divisional Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD), were on their usual road checks.
He said the convict who was in-charge of a KIA Pride taxi cab with registration number BA 1023-13, refused to stop when he was signaled by the officers to do so.
The prosecutor said the officers reported his conduct to the executive committee of the transport union of which the convict was a member.
The union executives later handed him over to the police and he was arrested.
Inspector Agyei said the police demanded his driving license, roadworthy certificates and insurance but he could not produce any of them.
He was therefore charged and brought before the court.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Photos: Newly-elected Rugby Africa President Herbert Mensah returns home
- World Water Day: AngloGold Ashanti hands over water systems to 4 communities
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; to boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users