Audio By Carbonatix
The Presidential candidate for the Progressive Peoples Party, (PPP), Kofi Asamoah-Siaw says the Electoral Commission (EC) did not provide him an opportunity to correct errors on his nomination forms.
He explained that since his party submitted the forms on September 13, there had been four exchanges; two from his party and two from the Electoral Commission, but at no point did the Commission notify him of any issues with the forms.
Mr Asamoah-Siaw filed a lawsuit against the Electoral Commission (EC) after being disqualified from the December 2024 presidential election. The EC cited the failure of the disqualified candidates to correct errors on their nomination forms as the reason for their exclusion.
Speaking on JoyNews, Newsfile, Mr Asamoah-Siaw said, “If you have not told me this is what I have done, and you have not given me the opportunity to make corrections, why do you sit at a press conference as an official spokesperson for the EC to make a general statement, as if some irresponsible guy who wants to be president is given an opportunity and does not want to take advantage of it?”
Mr Asamoah-Siaw stated that the Electoral Commission (EC) announced on television that his mistake was "Error A," yet this error had not been communicated to him directly.
“So, after we submitted the forms, they wrote to us. In fact, the way they were handling it made us very suspicious of the activities of the Electoral Commission because of our political stance in this election.”
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours