The Electoral Commission (EC) has announced September 18 to 25 as the period slated for the exhibition of the newly compiled voters’ register.
In a statement issued by the Commission, the exercise is said to be in accordance with 23(1) of the C.I.91 of the Public Elections Regulations 2016.
Giving further details, the Commission said the exhibition will be conducted at all polling stations throughout the country from 7 am to 6 pm.
The week-long exercise will among other things give individuals who identify errors in their details an opportunity to make changes or alter them.
Speaking in an earlier interview with JoyNews, the Director of Elections for the Commission, Dr Serebour Quarcoo urged Ghanaians who registered to partake in the exhibition exercise.
He also added that a platform will be made available for Ghanaians to object ‘suspicious’ names in the voters’ register.
Although the EC had projected registering 15 million eligible voters, the Chairperson for the Commission, Jean Mensa revealed that some 16,663,669 people were registered onto the new electoral roll.
The compilation of the new voters register concerned on June 30, 2020, and ended on August 6, 2020, after countless protests from the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) and some Civil Society Organisations.
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
- Armed men attack NPP Communicator
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
NDC has done more for healthcare in Ghana than NPP – Sammy Gyamfi responds to Nana Aba Anamoah
“I’m not proud of it” – referee for Hearts v Sharks game apologises for errors
Ghanaians to re-register SIM cards in June or risk losing phone numbers
Akosombo Dam could serve Ghana for another 50 years if well maintained – Kweku Awotwi
No new Covid-19 cases in Northern Region in 3 weeks
2 dead, 3 injured and others displaced following heavy downpour in Ashanti Region
Okyeame Kwame and wife launch their first book ‘Love Locked Down’
Ter Stegen ruled out of Germany’s Euros plans with knee problem that will require surgery at Barcelona
Digital transformation will determine success of corporate Ghana post-Covid – Ernest De-Graft Egyir
Standards Authority sets standards to regulate sale of eggs
Leicester issue Chelsea apology over Daniel Amartey FA Cup actions
At least 20 cattle shot and wounded after herdsmen allegedly stab man at Abrewankor
If you don’t fix health system, outcome won’t improve irrespective of procurement you make – Asiedu Sarpong
Ongoing financial re-engineering of the power sector is positive – Kweku Awotwi
Armed robbers jailed for robbing, raping pregnant woman