Ghana’s biggest bank, Ecobank, has announced a dividend of 55 pesewas per share for all shareholders, with respect to the 2020 financial year.
This is however expected to be paid on 25th June, 2021.
According to the bank, all shareholders registered in the books of Ecobank Ghana at the close of business on Friday, May 14, 2021 will qualify for the final dividend.
In view of the foregoing, the ex-dividend date has been set as, Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Consequently, an investor purchasing Ecobank Ghana shares before this date will be entitled to the final dividend.
However, an investor buying Ecobank shares on or after Wednesday, May 12, 2021 will not be entitled to the final dividend.
Ecobank records 22% growth in profit in 2020
Despite the adverse effect of Covid-19 on the economy, Ecobank Ghana registered an impressive 22% growth in profit for last year.
This is due to a significant increase in interest income during the period.
According to its 2020 Financial Statement, the bank’s Return on Equity- an important profitability indicator for shareholders, also grew by 26.0%.
Ecobank Ghana benefited tremendously from interest on investments and loans last year as this shot up by 26% year-on-year to GH ¢1.55 billion.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act
- If your music penetrates China, then you have done enough as an artiste – Kuami Eugene
- Playback: PM Express discuss Moody’s further downgrade of Ghana to junk status
- Chamber of Telecommunications outlines services to be affected by SIM deactivation
- Ernest Kojo Manu: Bumpy roads, illegal speed ramps posing serious threat to safety of road users
- Single spine is the most indecent salary structure – TUC
- Organised Labour revises demand for base pay increase to 65%
- Danny List urges black golfers to be more vocal to motivate young talents