Some supporters of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) at Techiman South in the Bono Region have alleged that the incumbent government has tried to rig the elections by mixing the ballot papers with fake ones.
This according to them led to the misunderstanding between the NDC supporters and the EC officials.
The supporters attacked the EC officials and snatched the ballots boxes preventing them from presenting it at the collation center.
Speaking on the issue, JoyNews’ correspondent Anass Sabit indicated that some ballot papers were torn into pieces in the midst of the clash.
At the moment, the number of boxes which have been destroyed are not known.
Meanwhile, security personals have been deployed to calm the situation down.
With collation ongoing, there has been unrest in other polling stations across the country.
In Awutu Senya West Constituency, a man was shot after he attempted to snatch a ballot box while EC officials were counting votes.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes