The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has called off the election of Youth and Women’s Organizer executives in the Ashanti Region.
The election scheduled to take place at the Republic Hall, KNUST, was opposed by a group of aspirants who claim the delegates’ list had been manipulated.
The group led by Emmanuel Atanga, an aspirant vying for Deputy Youth Organiser, described the 47 delegates’ list as fradulent and undeserving to serve its purpose.
The aggrieved group petitioned the National Executives of the party, which led to the set up of a three-member committee to authenticate the issues.
The committee after nvestigation came out with a delegates’ album of 34.
The group however says this did not meet expectation, claiming some institutions were not qualified to exercise their franchise.
Leadership of the Party, as at 6pm on Friday held a crunch meeting including other stakeholders but entrench positions defeated their agenda.
The chairman of the election committee, Nuru Hamidan, said they are meeting all the aspirants at the regional party office on Saturday to resolve outstanding issues.
According to him, the meeting will determine if they will cast their ballot on Sunday or the election will be further postponed.
Delegates from far and near expressed disappointment over the development as they left the election ground without voting.
“This is not the NDC I know,”,one of the aggrieved delegates said.
“We are sending a message to the rank and file of the party that it doesn’t look so well in the Ashanti Region and with this I fear we will lose in 2024,” another said.
Some top party officials and individuals were seen engaging all aggrieved parties to resolve the issue.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group