Audio By Carbonatix
The Volta Region has taken delivery of ballot papers for the upcoming general elections slated for December 7.
Two trucks loaded with the ballot papers arrived at the Volta Regional Police Headquarters at about 9:45 pm on Tuesday, 26th November 2024.
Due to the late arrival, the political parties placed their seals on the locks of the containers and defected inspection to Wednesday, 27th November 2024.

According to the Volta Regional Director of the Electoral Commission, Eric Dzakpasu, the consignment contains 186 sacks of presidential ballot papers and 70 sacks of parliamentary ballot papers.

Stakeholders and agents of political parties are currently inspecting the materials at the Volta Regional Police headquarters in Ho.

He said the sacks also contain special voting ballot papers that have been labeled for easy identification.
So far, only agents of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the National Democratic Congress (NDC) are present for the inspection exercise.

An agent for the Ho Central Independence Candidate, Mawulorm Klutse is also present and participating in the exercise.

It would be recalled that the Electoral Commission was compelled to destroy all defective presidential and parliamentary ballot papers previously printed for the Volta and Ahafo Regions.
The destruction took place on Thursday, November 21, under the supervision of political parties, independent observers, the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB), and the Police Service.
The move follows the EC's announcement that incorrect serial numbers had been identified on the ballot papers for these regions, necessitating their reprinting.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
4 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
4 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours