The Electoral Commission has announced that electorates of the Buem constituency in the Oti Region will only participate in the presidential and not in the parliamentary election.
According to a statement issued by the Commission Sunday, this is due to the creation of the Guan district local government (Guan District Assembly) (Establishment) Instrument, 2020 and pending the creation of the Guan constituency.
“Voters in the Guan District are to take note of this Directive front the Electoral Commission,” the statement read.
All appears to be set for the polls on Monday, with valid registered Ghanaian voters expected to go to the polls to elect the occupant of the Jubilee House, the seat of government for the next four years.
Two hundred and seventy-five members of Parliament will also be elected to serve for a four-year term.
Polls will open from 7 am to 5 pm in 38,622 polling stations in all the 275 constituencies nationwide.
The record of 12 persons contesting for the lone presidential slot in Election 2020 will go down in Ghana’s electoral history as the biggest slate of candidates since the country began the practice of democracy.
The candidate who secures 50 per cent plus one eligible vote in the Presidential contest will be the eighth President of the Fourth Republic.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes