Audio By Carbonatix
It's getting very late in Melbourne and we aren't expecting any major developments until Djokovic is detained on Saturday morning.
But if you remember the expletive-laden video of two Australian newsreaders privately talking about the Djokovic saga which was leaked earlier this week, we have an update on that.
The staffer who allegedly leaked the clip has been fired, according to their former employer.
The video, which went viral, shows Channel 7 journalists Mike Amor and Rebecca Maddern talking candidly about the tennis star as they prepare to read the evening news.
Maddern says Djokovic is "lying" and "sneaky", while Amor says the athlete has "fallen over his own [expletive] lies".
The newsreaders were reacting to an earlier twist in the saga, when Djokovic successfully challenged his first visa cancellation. That feels like a long time ago, but was earlier this week.
Ai-Media Technologies, which provides captioning services, said an "employee working remotely" was "responsible for the unauthorised distribution of the content".
Latest Stories
-
Kingsford Boakye-Yiadom nets first league goal for Everton U21 in Premier League 2
1 hour -
We Condemn Publicly. We Download Privately — A Ghanaian Digital Dilemma
3 hours -
Renaming KIA to Accra International Airport key to reviving national airline – Transport Minister
4 hours -
Interior Minister urges public not to share images of Burkina Faso attack victims
4 hours -
Unknown persons desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
4 hours -
I will tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
4 hours -
Ghana to host high-level national consultative on use of explosive weapons in populated areas
4 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leadership Communication and Alignment
5 hours -
Ace Ankomah writes: Let’s coffee our cocoa: My Sunday morning musings
5 hours -
Real income of cocoa farmers has improved – Agriculture Minister
5 hours -
I’ll tour cocoa-growing areas to explain new price – Eric Opoku
5 hours -
Titao attack should be wake-up call for Ghana’s security architecture – Samuel Jinapor
5 hours -
New Juaben South MP Okyere Baafi condemns Burkina Faso attack, demands probe into government response
5 hours -
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
5 hours -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
6 hours
