A Toyota 4-wheel drive has been burnt down by a mob at Sefwi Afere in the Bodi District of the Western North Region.
The 4X4 car with registration number BA 1633-19 which was intended to be used in an engagement ceremony at Sefwi Antobia in Juaboso District was burnt down by the mob after the driver, identified as Patrick Fuakye knocked down three pedestrians.
The pedestrians are believed to have been returning home from their farm. Two people, Kwabena Nkuah, 42 and Hamza Adama, 19 died on the spot.
The driver subsequently reported himself to the Sefwi Juaboso Police and is currently in their custody.
In protest, commuters along the route in a mob action attacked the car and set it ablaze using the cars electronic connections.
The two bodies have been deposited at the Juaboso government hospital morgue for further investigations.
The remaining survivor has been referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Kumasi for treatment.
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Security man in trouble for allegedly defiling 4-year-old girl
NIC commends Allianz Insurance and UBA on bancassurance partnership
WHO data shows taking vaccines 12 weeks after first dose more potent – Dr Kwame Amponsah-Achiano
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town