Audio By Carbonatix
The Enterprise Group has made donations to three different institutions to aid the treatment and to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus in the country.
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, the Greater Accra Regional Hospital and Ghana Health Service (GHS) were the three beneficiaries.
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research received an amount of ¢60,000 to support the purchase of coronavirus testing equipment for over 2,000 people.
The Greater Accra Regional Hospital popularly call Ridge Hospital, received an amount of ¢40,000 to aid the purchase of equipment and consumables for the management of the COVID-19 Isolation Centre at there.

The Ghana Health Service, on the other hand, received a life insurance and peace of mind cover with a total sum- assured of ¢20 million for all front-line medical staff involved in the treatment and management of the COVID-19 cases.
Speaking at the donation ceremony, the Chief Finance Officer of the Enterprise Group, Daniel Larbi-Tieku, said the nature and global spread of the coronavirus call for critical actions and a concerted effort by all in managing and containing the pandemic.
“This is a novel virus that has its tentacles in every part of the world now. Its nature and rate of spread should be the concern of every human being.

"The world requires the support of all in fighting the virus and it is critical that we all contribute to the actions being taken,” he said.
Mr Larbi-Tieku also stated that Enterprise Group is complying with international and national protocols required to help stem the spread of the disease.
He said in the interest of public safety, clients are encouraged to patronize the company’s electronic channels such as the mobile app, USSD portals and also the contact centre for prompt service.
He further urged Ghanaians to keep themselves and others safe by strictly adhering to good personal and respiratory hygiene.
The first case of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 was announced in December 2019 in Wuhan in China.
The Wealth Health Organization (WHO) last week declared the COVID-19 as a global pandemic after it spread throughout the world.
On Thursday, Ghana recorded its first two cases after two people suspected of carrying the virus tested positive. So far, there have been seven confirmed cases in the country.
Latest Stories
-
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
5 minutes -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
9 minutes -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
16 minutes -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
21 minutes -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
23 minutes -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
25 minutes -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
28 minutes -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
34 minutes -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
35 minutes -
GMTF, Atlantic Lifesciences explore local production of cancer and heart medicines
39 minutes -
GHS medical-legal claims hit GH¢400m in three years
45 minutes -
Mahama cautions Ghanaians not to take religious freedom for granted
1 hour -
We need development pathway, not selection exercise – Sports Minister urges football stakeholders
1 hour -
Government prioritises foundational learning to improve education outcomes
1 hour -
Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire deepen maritime security cooperation through joint boundary inspection
1 hour