Dancehall musician Shatta Wale is under attack on social media for calling out the President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
The “Dem Confuse” singer who arrived from his ‘Reign Europe Tour’ on Monday, November 3, went on social media to criticise the president for the “economic hardships” his fans are enduring.
According to him, the youth are complaining about being broke and unemployed coupled with economic hardships.
He wrote: “Remember when the youth rise there is no stopping cuz everybody is saying it loud now ..”Chale money no deh “ “the system hard “ my job spoil “ this government has failed us” Yes this is what the street is saying and anyone who will comment and say am lying is a damn liar himself …Mr president stand up !!!”
Immediately after making his statement, some Ghanaians took offence, jabbing him under the comment section of his post.
Some roped in MenzGold saga, accusing his record label’s bank roller of contributing to the hardships Ghanaians are facing.
“Don't forget MENZGOLD has contributed about 80% to this hardship bcoz imagine the amount of money locked there. All those customers can't spend money in the system like they used to do. All the collapsed shareholders of all the collapsed banks have huge amount of money at MENZGOLD that led to the collapse of all these banks. Tell ur boss to pay and see the economy will boost,” Christian Crucial wrote (unedited).
Papa Kwaku Owusu wrote (unedited): “The system is hot yes, send similar message to NAM1 to release monies of the people he ****. You get mouth talk about the president buh u can't find voice to talk about the people you benefited from, the MenzGold money.. Tell your lazy fans to stop complaining cos if clients no dey pay u for start working. How many of them are into legitimate business.”
“Sake of dey stopped you and your boss from ****** Ghanaians through Menzgold so now you have a problem with the government...,” Kwésï Kíllz II said (unedited).
Some attacked his music. “Aswear ebi only ur lazy poor fun dey cry about hardship...try and find something for them to Do...Mr . youth President..” Adams Hashim said (unedited).
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Patapaa's #Skopatumana challenge hits the internet
- I never begged D-Black for collaboration - Tinny
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos