The first edition of the Joy FM’s Open Mic in 2017 was an unforgettable night of music, comedy, spoken word and unlimited latent.
On the night, there were the amateurs, the professionals, raw talents, and everything in between taking turns to thrill patrons at the +233 Jazz Bar and Grill.
Some of the well-known personalities who thrilled patrons at the maiden edition on June 24, 2017, included M.anifest, KSM, Knii Lante, Chief Moomen, DJ Black Yom Nfojoh and Solo 7.
For patrons, it was an unforgettable evening as household names like Kwaku Sintim-Misa (KSM) were on hand to dish out a dose of stand-up comedy. He shared rib-cracking jokes for the amusement of many of the fans.
The 2016 “Rapper of the Year” at the Ghana Music Awards, M.anifest got all patrons on the dance floor as he kept dishing out one hit after another.
The dancefloor was barely empty when one of Ghana’s finest voices, Knii Lante also took to the stage to dazzled patrons with some of his hits.
This year, the event goes back to the same venue on Friday, January 25. It will once again see several established and amateur performers grab the mic to show off their creative talents.
The night will witness exciting poetry, spoken word, comedy, rap battles and musical performances.
The night was not only about the established performers. There was an open invitation to patrons to also show what talents they have.
“For those who have talents that have never been showcased before an audience, this is your opportunity. If you think you can sing, do poetry, spoken word, make people laugh or you can rap, this is your opportunity,” a Joy FM representative said.
Some names on the bill this year include talented and bubbly singer Cina Soul, eShun, Six Strings, AJ Nelson, Lamisi, Kwesi Klutse, Rhymme Sonny, OB Amponsah, Lexi The Comic, Chief Moomen, and Nana Asaase. It will be hosted by Ghana’s number one DJ, DJ Black.
There is an impressive list of big surprise performers scheduled to also thrill patrons at the event on Friday, January 25.
Tickets for the event are going for just ₵50 and it will be on sale at the gate so patrons do not need to come to Joy FM to buy tickets.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled