Audio By Carbonatix
The Ranking Member of Parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC), Samuel Atta-Mills, has called for the prosecution of a former procurement director at the Ministry of Defence, Mr. Frank Oliver Kpodo, over an alleged GH¢4.8 million fraud linked to a vehicle supply contract.
Mr Atta-Mills indicated that he would formally advise the Attorney-General to initiate legal action against Mr Frank Oliver Kpodo, whom he accused of attempting to defraud the state through the disputed contract.
"Just to let you know, I will have a special report to the Attorney General for your prosecution," he told the former procurement manager when officials from the Ministry of Defence appeared before the committee to respond to the allegations on the contract on Tuesday, March 31.
The committee deliberated on the matter for an extended period, after which Mr Atta-Mills took a decision, noting that Mr Kpodo repeatedly contradicted himself and was unable to provide clear answers to the questions regarding the allegations.
The matter stems from findings in the Auditor-General’s Report, which was disclosed by the Deputy Minister of Finance, Thomas Nyarko Ampem, on 10th March 2026.
Read also: Full text: Deputy Finance Minister delivers A-G’s report on 2024 arrears and payables
The report details a contract between the Ministry of Defence and a private company for the procurement of six SUV vehicles intended for border surveillance and the monitoring of the 2024 general election.
According to the report, a Stores Receipt Advice (SRA), an official document confirming that goods have been received, was issued on 12th October 2024. However, subsequent checks revealed that the vehicles in question were never delivered.
Mr Atta-Mills stressed the need for accountability in the management of public funds, warning that such procurement irregularities undermine public trust and weaken institutional integrity.
The committee is expected to make further recommendations following its ongoing hearings into the matter.
Meanwhile, the Member of Parliament (MP) for South Dayi, Nelson Rockson Dafeamekpor, has also called for the interdiction of Mr Kpodo, who is currently serving as Director of Finance and Administration at the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources.
"I think you should be interdicted for how you carried out your functions at the ministry of defence, we demand that, Because you are not responding to the issues reasonably. For me, my demand is that the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources should interdict this man" the MP said.
At the time of this report, the Ministry of Finance had not released the funds to the Ministry of Defence.
Latest Stories
-
Dr Abena Nyarkoa to join panel discussion at Africa Together Conference in Cambridge
4 hours -
Walmart warns US shoppers are cutting spending as higher petrol prices bite
4 hours -
Flexible exchange rate regime critical in absorbing external shocks – First Deputy Governor
4 hours -
Toilets and changing rooms must be used on basis of biological sex, guidance confirms
4 hours -
Emily in Paris to end after sixth season, says Netflix
4 hours -
Angry crowd sets Ebola hospital tents on fire in DR Congo
4 hours -
Russia and China condemn US over indictment of former Cuban leader
5 hours -
Bank of Ghana reverts to previous Cash Reserve Ratio policy after scrapping it last year
5 hours -
Ghana-eligible defender Beres Owusu signs permanent deal with Grazer AK
5 hours -
A Super El Niño is coming: What does it mean for Ghana?
5 hours -
Driving Schools Association pushes for mandatory driver training to reduce road crashes
5 hours -
Climate change exists with or without humans — Youth advocate
6 hours -
Plastic waste driving flooding and climate concerns in Bamaahu — Youth Climate Reporter
6 hours -
This week on The Career Trail
6 hours -
My book was born out of university research – Mary Anane Awuku
6 hours