The Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) celebrated several exporters at the Export Achievement Awards which took place at Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City Accra on Thursday, 9th December, 2022.
The CEO of GEPA, Dr. Afua Asabea Asare in her welcome remarks, expressed her appreciation to the export community for their immense contribution to the national economy.
Herbert Krapa, a Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Trade and Industry who attended the event in the stead of the Minister of Trade and Industry, Alan Kyerematen, in his address reiterated the important role the export industry was playing in sustaining the economy.
Dr. John Ampontuah Kumah, the current Member of Parliament for Ejisu and Deputy Minister of Finance who represented Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo also relayed the President’s message to the exporting community, thanking them for keeping up the stride with production despite the various challenges and pledged his support in ensuring a conducive environment to continue their work.
Hosted by Mr. Jerry Adjorlolo, exporters honoured in the Silver award category included: Henacent Ltd., Kingdom Exim Ghana Ltd., Avnash Industries Ghana Ltd., Ghana Oil Palm Development Company Ltd., Takoradi Flour Mill Ltd., Poly Tanks Ghana Ltd., Royal Crown Packaging Ltd., HPW Fresh & Dry Ltd and Dasoa Company Ltd.
Gold award recipients for both 2019 and 2020 included: Dhillons Brothers Int. Ltd, Olam Agri Ghana Ltd, Kingdom Exim Ghana Ltd., Arasa Investments Ltd., Western Rod and Wire Ltd, Wilmar Africa Ltd., Crocodile Matchets Ghana Ltd., Takoradi Flour Mill Ltd., Volta Aluminum Company, Ltd., B5 Plus Ltd., Promasidor Ghana Ltd., West African Forgings Ltd., Kasapreko Company, Akosombo Industrial Company Ltd., Logs and Lumber Ltd, Carmeuse Lime Product Ghana Ltd., Jussak Ltd., Emof Exports Ventures Ltd, Dignity DTRT Ltd, Truecoco Ghana Ltd., Macks Commodities, Krishna Exports Ltd., Jayaf Ltd., Fan Milk Ltd, RMG Commodities Ltd. and Moonlight Fresco Ltd.
Platinum award recipients for 2019 and 2020 included: Azar Chemical Industries Ltd., Lion Aluminium Products Ltd, Kasapreko Company Ltd., Interplast Ltd, Sterling International Ltd., HPW Fresh & Dry Ltd., Kingdom Exim Ghana Ltd., Logs and Lumber Ltd, Latex Foam Rubber Products Ltd and Royal Crown Packaging Ltd.
The CEO of GEPA, Dr. Afua Asabea Asare presented some special awards which comprised:
- Most Diversified Exporter (2019) to Olam Agri Ghana Ltd.
- Most Diversified Exporter (2020) to Wilmar Africa Ltd.
- Youth Exporter of the Year 2020 to Solomon Ntow Wiafe
- Woman Exporter of the Year 2019 & 2020 to Salma Salifu of Dignity DTRT Ltd.
- Exporter of the Year 2019 & 2020 to Wilmar Africa Ltd.
An honourary award was also presented to Mr. Maxwell Kusi, the former Director of Research and International Cooperation for his thirty-one years of service to the organization.
Akosombo Textiles Company Ltd. was the fabric sponsor of the event.
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Gold Mafia: Zimbabwe’s implicated preacher orders attack on anyone who accuses him of smuggling
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Photos: Adom FM and Adom TV climax Ghana Month celebration with Durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for MPs – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display