Disc Jockey and radio presenter DJ Premier believes the Ghana Film Producers Association, FIPAG’s decision to suspend Tracey Boakye over her feud with songstress Mzbel is unfounded.
According to him, the actress-cum-producer’s actions could be condemned by the association but thinks it is in no position to sanction her as it is not enshrined in its laws.
“There are no laws that call for her sanctioning because as it stands she is not under their umbrella, except if she is lying to the public,” he told Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz yesterday.
He added that FIPAG led by Mr James Aboagye’s decision to punish her was a hastened one as he believes they could have done so with consultations of the Creative Arts Council.
“This has shown a lapse we have in our system, when we talk about structures, this is what we mean, because if we had a whole disciplinary committee that supersedes everybody, like by now that power could have called her, but for now she can go ahead to work,” he added.
This comes after the Film Producers Association of Ghana released a statement indefinitely suspending Tracy Boakye from the Association. She has denied her membership with the association.
- Patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- Disregard reported increase in HIV cases in Ho – Ghana Health Service
- Chris Hughton calls up Ransford-Yeboah Königsdörffer to replace injured Inaki Williams
- Kumawu roads construction: Residents unhappy with pace and quality of work
- Domelevo sings: Read English translation of his cryptic song
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, June 6, 2023
- ‘Ducking hell’ to disappear from Apple autocorrect
- ‘Chemical mango’ video is fake – Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters clears air
- Jason Derulo’s ‘most unsexy’ business investment in a car wash
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- Gospel singer Rita Adomolga earns nominations in Ghana Music Awards USA
- Major Mahama’s Trial: ”l was at the wrong place at the wrong time” – Accused
- Agric Ministry confirms one case of Anthrax in Upper East region
- Saglemi Housing trial: Court orders former Chief Director to appear for plea to be taken
- UK-based Ghanaian youngster Tyrell Agyemang joins Middlesbrough from Manchester City
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- Sudan conflict: Army accused of killing Congolese in campus bombing
- JAE5 teams up with Lojay, Libianca for ‘I Wish’
- Denmark has not abandoned Ghana – Ambassador
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- Streaming service to detect and delete ‘deepfake’ AI songs