Audio By Carbonatix
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Keta, Godwin Edudzi Effah, has disclosed that the first phase of the Keta Port is set to officially commence in December 2019.
Addressing the media Thursday, the MCE said President Nana Akufo-Addo will soon cut the sod for the construction of the landing site and the main harbor at Kedzi within the first quarter of next year.
“Some companies have already expressed interest and were in town for the feasibility studies for work to start soon,” Mr Effah said.
The President in 2018 signed an Executive Instrument to commence the construction of a seaport in Keta. The signing of this Instrument was in fulfillment of a campaign promise to the people of Keta.
Subsequently, the government appointed Dr Alexander Adusei as Director of the yet-to-be constructed Keta Port, a situation that caused many to express misgivings towards the project.
Also on August 15, 2019, the Board of Governors from the Ghana Ports and Habours Authority (GPHA) led by Peter Mac Manu, introduced the newly appointed Director of Keta Port, Dr Alexander Adusei to the Awormefia Torgbi Sri III.
The delegation included the Regional Minister, Dr Archibald Letsa, his deputy, Johnson Avulete and the Regional Chairman of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Makafui Wornya.
The delegation from GPHA which included engineers and administrators, later visited the proposed site for the construction and mounted flags - Ghana flag and the flag of the GPHA - indicating the imminent commencement of work.
During the press briefing, the MCE also noted government was working steadily to fulfill promises made to the people of the Volta Region and improve the standard of living of the youth by providing job opportunities in the region.
He further said, planting for food and jobs is government’s major project to reduce unemployment and promote food production in the country.
“We are more than determined to ensure that the policy succeeds,” he stated.
Latest Stories
-
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaians in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
14 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
23 minutes -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
36 minutes -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
52 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
1 hour -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
1 hour -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
2 hours -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
3 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
3 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
3 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
5 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours