Cristiano Ronaldo and partner Georgina Rodriguez have announced they are expecting twins, sending the football world into a frenzy.
The Manchester United superstar announced the news on social media on Thursday.
“Delighted to announce we are expecting twins. Our hearts are full of love – we can’t wait to meet you,” the 36-year-old wrote.
The post was accompanied by a photo of the couple lying in bed with Ronaldo holding up a double ultrasound for the camera.
The Portuguese star is already the father of four children, with three born to surrogate mothers.
The footballer’s eldest son, Cristiano Junior, was born in June 2010 to a surrogate.
Seven years later, in June 2017, Ronaldo became the father of twins Eva and Mateo in the same way.
Alana Martina, born in November 2017, was the first child from his union with Rodriguez.
In 2017, Ronaldo told France Football that he wanted seven children.
“My desire for motherhood is stronger than anything,” Rodriguez said last year. I hope to have more children.”
Ronaldo’s mum, Dolores was among the many to offer congratulations.
“May these grandchildren come with health, which is what matters most,” she wrote.
Ronaldo and Rodriguez have been together since 2016, in which time she has followed him from Real Madrid to Juventus and Manchester United.
“I have achieved incredible things at Madrid,” he said previously.
“At Madrid, if you don’t win everything, other people consider it a failure. This is the expectation of greatness. This is my job. But when you are a father, it is a completely different feeling. A feeling that I cannot describe.
“This is why my time in Madrid has been special. I have been a footballer, yes, but also a father. There is a moment with my son that I will always remember so clearly. When I think about it, I feel warm.
“It was the moment on the field after we won the last Champions League final in Cardiff. We made history that night. When I was on the pitch after the final whistle, it felt like I had sent a message to the world.
“But then my son came on the field to celebrate with me … and it was like the snap of a finger. Suddenly, the entire emotion changed. It is a joy that I did not understand until I was a father.”
Ronaldo completed a bombshell move back to Manchester United earlier this year, with the family now settled in the UK.
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Supreme Court verdict sets the rule clear going forward – Daniel Domelevo
- I have no regret serving as Auditor-General – Yao Domelevo
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’