Audio By Carbonatix
Former Spanish Football Association president Luis Rubiales has been banned from all football-related activities for three years.
Rubiales, 46, kissed forward Jenni Hermoso on the lips following Spain's Women's World Cup final win over England in August.
He refused to resign after the incident but was provisionally banned by Fifa.
On Monday, Fifa announced he had been banned for three years for breaching article 13 of their disciplinary code.
Rubiales, 46, claimed the kiss at the post-match presentation ceremony was "mutual" and "consensual" but Hermoso said it was not consensual, and filed a legal complaint.
World governing body Fifa confirmed the case concerned the "events that occurred during the final of the Fifa Women's World Cup on 20 August 2023, for which Mr Rubiales had been provisionally suspended for an initial period of 90 days".
It added: "In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Fifa disciplinary code, he has 10 days in which to request a motivated decision, which, if requested, would subsequently be published on legal.fifa.com. The decision remains subject to a possible appeal before the Fifa appeal committee.
"Fifa reiterates its absolute commitment to respecting and protecting the integrity of all people and ensuring that the basic rules of decent conduct are upheld."
Last month, a hearing at the national court in Madrid considered a criminal complaint of sexual assault and coercion against Rubiales, who was subsequently banned from going within 200m of Hermoso.
Rubiales' actions drew widespread criticism, with a majority of the World Cup-winning squad boycotting the national team until changes were made within the football federation.
World Cup-winning manager Jorge Vilda was sacked in September and is being investigated as part of the criminal case against Rubiales.
Hermoso, who said her image had been tarnished by the kiss, returned to the national side in October and scored an 89th-minute winner against Italy.
Latest Stories
-
Newborn baby found dumped in drain at Obuasi Old Estate
3 minutes -
Tunisia coast guard recovers eight bodies of migrants whose boat sank
3 minutes -
One man diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK ‘every eight minutes’
6 minutes -
After losing 2012 election, we couldn’t even afford prepaid credit – Obuobia Darko
11 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
2 hours -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
2 hours -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
2 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
3 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
5 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
6 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
6 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
6 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 hours