One more person is reported dead after testing positive for coronavirus.
Details about the latest development are sketchy but Myjoyonline is learning that the fourth death was recorded in the Greater Accra Region on Wednesday.
Unconfirmed reports also suggest the total number of cases in the country has shot up significantly to 93 as of Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Earlier that same day, JoyNews reported on the third coronavirus-related death in the country as having occurred at the 37 Military Hospital in Accra. The victim was the wife of a two-star army general.
The sudden spike in Ghana’s caseload has been attributed to the mandatory quarantine of travellers who arrived in the country from Saturday evening.
As of Wednesday, a total of 1,030 persons who arrived in the country from various countries had been put under mandatory quarantine and a significant number of the new cases have come from their ranks.
Meanwhile, a man who tested positive for the deadly virus also known as COVID-19 is said to have recovered from the Kumasi South Hospital, where he was quarantined.
The unidentified man is seen in a video circulating on social media, walking out from the holding centre with a paper in his hand, while friends embrace him with warm hugs.
He tested negative to the virus also known as COVID-19 and has been discharged to be monitored from home, a highly-placed source told Myjoyonline.com.
Health officials say they cannot call it total recovery because the man has not yet passed the mandatory 28-days period after which he would be declared fully fit, the source added.
He was the only one on admission at Kumasi South Hospital, one of the isolation centres in the Ashanti Region which is also a treatment centre for COVID-19.
- Final year JHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
- DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- ECOWAS Bank lends $50m to Consolidated Bank Ghana
- Assin North MP’s case: Amaliba files motion to withdraw as lawyer
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwesi Aning
Government will improve GMet Services – Communications Minister
Chelsea beat Leicester to boost Champions League hopes
Manchester City must improve for the Champions League final – Guardiola after Brighton loss
Man Utd’s draw at home to Fulham a “wake-up call” – Solskjaer
Karim Benzema in France Euro 2020 squad after almost six-year absence
State authorities must end brutalities against journalists – PPP
Not using a Hijab while playing football felt weird – Anatu Sadat
Ghana Health Service investigate suspected waterborne disease in Bunbuazio community
Mysterious calabash found in over 70-year-old tree at Tema
Decathlon Ghana to open largest sports store in Accra
Ghana chosen as “case study” for African countries in ensuring digital safety
Ambulance Service CEO worried over concentration of ambulances in cities to the detriment of rural areas
SIM cards re-registration comment by Bawumia ill-informed, highly naive – Minority Leader
NPP Coordinator condemns alleged forceful removal of DCOP Opare Addo from office
Ablekuma Central Assembly warns against building without permits