Anderlecht forward, Francis Amuzu, says it would be a better opportunity to play with Belgium at the World Cup than don the Black Stars jersey.
The 22-year-old is said to be one of the players the Ghana Football Association (GFA) are looking to convince to represent Ghana ahead of the 2022 FIFA World Cup to be stages in Qatar.
However, Amuzu has ended the Ghana FA’s chances of further pursuit, stating he would prefer to play with the Red Devils at the global showpiece as there is a better chance of getting to the latter stages of the competition.
“They [GFA] call my broker [agent] every day, but I keep it [the decision] off,” Amuzu told Het Nieuwsblad.
“Look, I was born in Ghana and when I’m there, I feel at home there because of the African atmosphere. My sporty heart lies with Belgium. With Belgium you can go very far at such a World Cup, with Ghana there is a real chance that you will be out quickly.”
Amuzu has nine goals and three assists in 37 appearances in the 2021/22 season for Anderlecht.
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict
- Aflao Border main gate temporary closed for security screening – Ghana Immigration Service
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. III
- Dr Bawumia visits Enchi voter registration centre
- Briphildon Foundation calls for African renaissance
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Heavy security at Jubilee House after arrest of protestors
- Ghanaians react to police arrest of #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstrators
- Azerbaijan halts Karabakh offensive after ceasefire deal with Armenian separatists