The petitioner of the December 7, polls, former President John Mahama will address the nation this evening at 5 pm.
He will be reacting to the Supreme Court judgement of his election petition seeking a rerun of the polls.
This was disclosed by a member of his legal team Abraham Amaliba who stated that the address will be held at the office of the 2020 NDC flagbearer at Cantonments.
The address follows the dismissal of the election petition by the apex court presented by Mr Mahama against the Electoral Commissioner and President Akufo-Addo.
The former President’s case, according to the apex court, was dismissed on grounds that it “had no merit.”
Speaking after the court hearing, Mr Amaliba told the media that, regarding the case, “we [the NDC legal team] are unable to address you now.
“We shall however address you through our flag bearer at 5pm at his office.
I, therefore, entreat you all to carry your media to the flagbearers office at 5 pm at cantonments,” he said.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Yul Edochie’s first wife threatens to sue actress over photoshopped image with Judy Austin
- Digital pound likely this decade, Treasury says
- DDEP: Government needs to reform fiscal structure – Senyo Hosi
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Grammys 2023: Viola Davis becomes an EGOT
- Grammys 2023: Kim Petras and Sam Smith break record and other takeaways
- NPP Jaman South’s aggrieved members are the proponents of “skirt and blouse” – Constituency executives
- Asante Akim Central NPP calls for fresh polling station elections
- We’ve amicably resolved impasse over change in Minority Leadership – NDC Council of Elders
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- SMEs without certification could lose out on ACFTA benefits – Trade Ministry warns
- Playback: PM Express discuss DDEP and government’s trust deficit
- DDEP will get economy fully back on track – Ofori-Atta