A group of graduates which identifies itself as ‘Nana Mma’ are on a quest to woo their peers into voting for the party come December 7.
The graduates in focus are all beneficiaries of the New Patriotic Party’s flagship policy, Free SHS.
The group started out as a WhatsApp platform with a few members but has now turned into a network of first-time voters with over 200 members campaigning for the NPP at Asawase, Kumasi.
At the recent campaign launch of the NPP in the Asawase Constituency on the theme ‘Operation Snatch the Seat, Agenda 60% votes’ the young voters displayed social skills aimed at wooing their peers to vote for the party.
This is because the Asawase seat is considered a stronghold of the National Democratic Congress which has held power for 16 years under Alhaji Mohammed Mubarak Muntaka.
The Asawase NPP Parliamentary Candidate, Alidu Seidu described the group’s actions and initiative as working towards victory for the party, since according to him, the incumbent NDC parliamentary candidate has not done much for the constituency.
“You have an MP whom you have given your mandate to for 16 years and he has the guts to tell you that as for him, he has nothing to offer you, no support, jobs, nothing,” he said.
The parliamentarian added that the current demeanor of the NDC parliamentary candidate will encourage electorates vote him out of power.
- Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- 10-year-old boy allegedly commits suicide at Dambai
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over GH¢18.00
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- 7 people electrocuted, 5 others injured at Amanfrom
- Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Covid-19 pandemic- All non-essential trips to high-risk countries should be postponed – Akufo-Addo
Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19- Akufo-Addo
Government is making all efforts to achieve overall vaccination target – Akufo-Addo
Playback: The Probe, discusses Ghana’s 2nd vaccine roll-out and Quest for Herd Immunity
Projects by government to solve energy crisis near completion – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
Ghana spends $586m on unused electricity per year – Energy Minister
Dumsor schedule ends tomorrow, May 17; Energy Minister uncertain about extension or otherwise
Deteriorating dormitories and halls in WA SHS affecting teaching and learning – Headmaster
Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
Pediatricians urged to support government in combating jaundice in newborn babies
Alleged assault on Citi FM journalists: Sit up and do the work for which you were elected – NDC to Akufo-Addo
Samson Lardy Anyenini speaks on alleged assault on Citi FM journalist by National Security operatives