The Presidency has justified its decision to compel the former Auditor-General, Daniel Yao Domelovo to proceed on retirement.
President Akufo-Addo made this known through a 21-page statement to the Coalition of Civil Society Organizations Against Corruption signed by his Secretary Nana Badiatuo Asante on March 19, 2021.
This follows accusations that the Presidency and the Audit Service Board unfairly targeted Mr Domelovo.
Read the full text below:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Ama Ata Aidoo’s iconic 1987 interview that shook the world
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- SIM card deactivation: Crowds besiege NIA centres for Ghana Card
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- AngloGold incident: 79 illegal miners out of underground mine
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- The goddess that once walked among us; eulogy to the great Ama Ata Aidoo
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Answering the call: Traditional rulers and climate action
- Bono GES Directorate to establish ‘sanitary bank’ for deprived school girls
- Your inauguration presents an opportunity to reset Nigerian narrative – Mahama tells Tinubu
- Court remands Director of JC Logistics over an alleged false cheque
- Media Personality Sixtus Dong Ullo runs for Law School Presidency
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- WAFU B Girls’ Cup: I need to work on their finishing – Yusif Basigi on Black Princesses team
- Banking sector faces rising risk to asset quality, capital buffers – Report
- U20 World Cup: Nigeria knock out host nation Argentina, Brazil trounce Tunisia
- Pay 30% of $1.6bn energy debt by June 30 – IPPs to government
- Two villages in North Gonja burnt down in renewed violence between Mamprusi and Gonja
- Land guards open fire on farmers, grade lands at Gomoa Okyereko
- WAFU B U20 Girls’ Cup: Nigeria thump Benin to set up final clash with Ghana