The Ghana Football Association (GFA) are set to appoint former Brighton & Hove Albion and Norwich City manager, Chris Hughton as the new Black Stars head coach.
Hughton reportedly turned down the role as a technical adviser for the Black Stars after being offered that position by the GFA.
There had been reports the GFA and Otto Addo had reached an agreement over the possibility of the Borussia Dortmund assistant coach taking up an interim position for the World Cup qualifier play-off against Nigeria next month.
However, things seem to have changed with Chris Hughton likely to be on the touchlines when the Black Stars face the Super Eagles in the two-leg encounter.
The former Norwich City gaffer has been in the country for some time and has met with the president of Ghana as well as the vice president of the GFA, Mark Addo. Hughton is also said to have met with the Sports Ministry with only an official confirmation remaining to see him become the new man in the dugout.
The Black Stars coaching job has been vacant since the sacking of Milovan Rajevac following the country’s worst Africa Cup of Nations campaign in Cameroon, where they finished bottom of Group C with just one point from three games.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Mahama calls for the intensification of stakeholder efforts, engagement on NACAP
- John Mahama recommends Public Funding of Political Parties Bill to regulate political financing
- Ghana Chamber of Mines censures Golden Star attacks, worried over upsurge of violence against mines
- Ex-President Kufuor urges his scholars to exhibit high levels of integrity
- Boris Johnson clashes with MPs over Partygate denials
- U.S. launches 5-year $5 million patnership with NHIA to improve quality of healthcare, digitisation, and access
- Bolt donates to 2 institutions as part of CSR activities
- North Dayi health directorate holds 2022 annual performance review meeting
- Livestream: PM Express discusses EC’s neutrality
- FWSC working on linking salary to productivity – Benjamin Arthur
- ECG doesn’t have means to prove power theft – Lawyer
- Endeavour to build quality homes – GREDA to members
- Poverty is our enemy; peace and development are our objectives -VP Bawumia
- Alan pays for printing of albums for 200,000 delegates
- Joy Prime premieres new telenovela ‘The Rich Also Cry’ on April 3, 2023