Ghana has become the first country in West Africa to deploy a system for the digital verification of Covid-19 PCR test results based on the African Union Trusted Travel and ECOWAS BIOMARS standard.
The Ministry of Health, through the Ghana Health Service, spearheaded the project which aims to ease verification of Covid-19 test results to travellers.
This was contained in a statement signed by Minister of Health, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu.
The technology platform, which is jointly powered by the Ghana Health Service and the PanaBIOS Consortium, covers all the authorized COVID-19 PCR testing laboratories in the country and will help stop the circulation of fake test results.
“All travellers, Airlines and Diplomatic Missions, Port Health, COVID-19 testing laboratories, and all other relevant stakeholders in Ghana are informed that only test results or certificates bearing Trusted Travel or BIOMARS codes will be considered valid for travel out of Ghana from 21st April 2021,” a statement said.
Travellers arriving in the country have been advised to use a tool made available through the UNDP-supported Global Haven partnership [www.globalhaven.org] for COVID-19 test results certificate verification.
Below is the full statement
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation