The Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) has disclosed that from Thursday, April 1 to Tuesday, April 30, 2021, clients shall provide their Ghana Card’s National Identification Number and Tax Identification Number (TIN) when registering a new company.
The TIN will only be generated in the RGD offices temporarily in the transitional period, however, the National Identification Authority will mount a desk at the RGD premises to issue Ghana Cards to clients who are only registering their businesses and not for any other purposes.
In a press release copied to the Ghana News Agency by the Registrar-General,Mrs Jemima Oware, said this had become necessary following the President’s 2021 State of the Nation Address in Parliament in which he indicated that all National Identification numbers would become TIN and SSNIT numbers.
She noted that the directive applied to all registration types, namely companies limited by shares and by guarantee, unlimited liability companies, partnerships, sole proprietorships, subsidiary business names and external companies.
“Clients are to note that business registration forms would not be processed without the National Identification Number (Ghana Card),” she stressed.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Photos: British actor Idris Elba visits Manhyia Palace
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Ankaful inmates get medical supplies from Tobinco Pharmaceuticals
- Suame traders fume; resist planned demolition of market
- Jesse Morgan recruits Celestine Donkor for inspiring single, Wataban (Wings of God)
- Diaspora Girls’ Senior High School launches 20th anniversary celebration
- Legendary Agya Koo Nimo celebrated by Judahland Empire
- Italian-based Ghanaian on holidays allegedly murdered by neighbour
- All is set for Kwabena Kwabena’s Vitamilk Love Night Concert on Feb. 11
- Ghana Union Vestland, Norway elects new executives
- Playback: Finance Minister updates public on DDEP
- We need to fix the motorway, we don’t care where the money comes from – Fred Smith
- US State Department begins POD in Ghana
- Managing business not gender-sensitive – Women urged
- Benjamin Azamati finishes third behind Noah Lyles in New Balance Indoor Grand prix
- We pray Christian Atsu is found safe, sound – Akufo-Addo
- We are set for 1 District, 1 Doctor initiative – Volta-Oti GMA Chairman