The 2021 edition of the Ghana DJ Awards dubbed “Take Over”, didn’t only reward deserving nominees but also created jobs for about 300 people, Merqury Quaye, executive producer of the festival has revealed.
Merqury Quaye, speaking on “2022 projections on Tourism, Arts and Culture” with George Quaye on Joy 99.7 FM, talked about prospects of Disk Jockeys and the economic potentials the industry holds for the country.
Merqury indicated that the only National Awards scheme in Africa that appreciates and celebrates DJs for their work, Ghana DJ Awards festival cost over GHS 2 million to produce, creating jobs and boosting tourism to Ghana. Celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, he projected that Ghana DJ Awards 2022 will be the biggest ever in the history of the festival, creating more jobs and contributing to the economy.
Citing the ‘DJ’ powered Ultra Music Festival which contributed 160 million dollars to the US economy and created 1,800 jobs in 2019, Merqury indicated that there is more the Ghana DJ Awards Festival can do for the Ghanaian economy in 2022 with support from Government and corporate Ghana.
The introduction of Ghana DJ Awards has enabled creatives and created jobs for people. There is greater potential with good investments”, he noted.
“In 2022, I expect to see more DJs hosting concerts and venturing more into music production”, he added.
- Many still unable to buy ECG credit
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- Indonesia: At least 174 dead in football stadium crush
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Marrying an older man meant I became a widow at 34
- Manchester City beat Manchester United in nine goal thriller
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- 3 members enough for Black Stars Management Committee – Fred Pappoe
- Ibrahim Mahama wins EMY Africa Man of The Year
- Performance wrap of Ghanaian players abroad over the weekend
- Towards sustainable development of Africa’s upstream market…A Tullow Oil perspective
- Peg dollar for duty payments at least quarterly – GUTA to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Hearts of Oak appoints David Ocloo as assistant coach
- Be circumspect in your coverage of conflict – NMC tells radio stations in Bawku
- Thomas Partey scores stunning goal in Arsenal win over Tottenham
- CalBank commissions new ICT Lab for SDA Schools in Koforidua
- Sustainability requirements shouldn’t be a ruse to block our cocoa and coffee – Oppong Nkrumah
- CAF re-opens bids for AFCON 2025
- GCR affirms Ecobank Ghana rating A+, outlook stable
- Bright Simons: GNPC fails in bogus defense of Genser sweetheart deal