A special joint mission by the conducted by the French government’s L’Initiative together with international partners – Global Fund will see a scaled-up corporation and funding to the tune of about €4.1 million for two flagship projects led by the Ghana Health Service, and Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research.
A Statement released from the French Embassy in Ghana explains that the move is to strengthen access to health services for the most vulnerable or marginalized people and also to ensure that the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service (GHS) deploys national and regional interventions that will meet the healthcare needs of the people.
“To date, the grant awarded for a period of 4 years of an amount of €2,830,258.83 represents the largest envelope ever allocated to a project by Initiative since its creation in 2011,” the statement noted.
The project funded by L’Initiative help GHS to build systems that will scale up community scorecards, which have been in place since 2018, with a renewed target of allowing the extension of the system to the whole country.
“This project aims to enhance the role of patients within the healthcare system and improve the quality of services provided to them”. The statement added while explaining further that the beneficiaries are members of the Community Health Management Committees (CHMC) and District/Sub-District Health Committees, and indirectly all users of the Ghana health system.
L’ Initiative says it will continue to conduct a joint mission with the Global Fund and France Team to support Ghana in its fight against pandemics and strengthen its ties with civil society organizations and local partners.
At the end of April, L’ Initiative organized a joint mission with the Regional Health Adviser and the Global Fund’s country team in order to further develop its portfolio in the country in synergy with other French actors, the French Embassy, AFD and IRD.
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo