The Managing Director of Ghana Post, Bice Osei Kuffour, on Tuesday, 27th June 2022, led the Ghana Post team and strategic partner, Three Turns Shipping, to woo United Kingdom’s postal giants, Royal Mail, to explore possible areas of collaboration and consolidation.
Addressing a high-profile leadership of Royal Mail, Mr. Osei Kuffour expressed his desire to build the needed partnerships with market leaders, share knowledge and experiences and learn best practices while looking at innovative ways of delivering world-class services to Ghana Post customers.
He intimated that a tour of the Royal Mail state-of-the-art facility presents a great source of inspiration and opportunity for Ghana Post to learn best practices from industry players with a distinguished track record.
Royal Mail has progressed from an initial manual operation to state-of-the-art technology postal services.
Even though Royal Mail and Ghana Post are both members of the Universal Postal Union, this is the very first time a Managing Director of Ghana Post is paying a working visit to the global postal giants Royal Mail, founded in 1516.
Ghana Post’s visit to Royal Mail remains very crucial and significant since Ghana Post was founded under British colonial rule in 1854.
Among other strategic alliances, Mr. Osei Kuffour proposed exchanges between the two organisations permitting Ghana Post staff to embark on practical training attachments with Royal Mail, whiles very experienced pension staff of Royal Mail offer consultancy to Ghana Post.
Simon Thompson, CEO of Royal Mail and his team were very excited and impressed by the enthusiasm and deliberateness of Mr Osei Kuffour in engaging Royal Mail for purposes of working exchange for knowledge transfer.
On behalf of Royal Mail, Nick Landon, the Chief Commercial Officer expressed Royal Mail’s willingness to engage Ghana Post in strategic ways for the mutual benefit of the two organisations.
There seems to be no end to Ghana Post’s new Managing Director’s drive to bring the organisation to global heights as he moves to attract global postal giants to build new alliances and partnerships to propel growth.
Representing Royal Mail at the meeting included Nick Landon (CCO Royal Mail), Antony Harvey (International Managing director), Eric Ashiagbor (London Jubilee Plant Manager), Jay Brooks (London Mount Pleasant Manager) and Kevin Cooper (Head of Processing).
The Ghana Post team included Robert Aseidu (Head of International Affairs), Nana Yaw Osei-Darkwa (Head of Government Business and External Relations) Hanson Owusu (CEO of Three Turns Shipping) and Kwesi Gyesi (MD, TTL Belgium). The meeting was facilitated by Odana Consult a subsidiary of GUBA Enterprise UK.
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Parliament determines Ken Ofori-Atta’s fate
- Cedi strengthens further against dollar; $1 now ¢13
- 2023 Budget: 4 key areas that received less allocation than National Cathedral
- Ofori-Atta’s censure motion: Our side didn’t take sitting allowances – Ablakwa
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Debt Exchange Programme: BoG urges banks to participate, announces relief packages
- Electronic Tax Clearance Certificate to ensure transparency in taxation – GRA
- Central Tongu MP pledges to support Mafi Anfoe youth to construct bungalow for teachers
- Expect prices of books to increase – GNAAP to schools and parents
- UG Parliament: Majority Caucus petitions Speaker over academic, residential fees increment
- Typhoid vaccine should complement WASH – Dr. Nsiah Asare
- You have to be a fisherman’s girlfriend to purchase his catch – Fish processors
- Censure motions are serious parliamentary business – Abu Jinapor
- KiDi to collaborate with Bollywood star on new track
- Suspension of road toll collection was not done legally – Sulemana Briamah
- Ghanaian adults prefer religious and traditional justice systems to formal one – GSS
- Improving rural education: A teacher is giving hope to pupils of Nkwantapong D/A Primary School
- Kumawood actor Okomfo Kolege tearfully announces wife’s burial date
- I am not prepared to fail – Prof. Addai-Mensah tells union executives at KATH
- Playback: PM Express business edition discuss market confidence risk and debt restructuring programme