The Ghana Rugby Football Union hosted an u-15 boys & girls sevens tournament at the St. Thomas Aquinas School, Accra to recognize development and peace through sports.
Covid-19 not only frustrated business and schools around the globe but also affected all sporting activities.
Get into Rugby (GIR) is the basis for growth and the aim is to introduce a GIR championship which will help develop players for the future.
Four boys’ teams; Future Leaders Hunters Youth, Kanda Cluster Comm. Boys, Islamic Institute comm Boys
and Sowah Din Community Boys were present at the sevens tournament. As well as four girls teams; Future Leaders Hunters Youth, Kanda Cluster Community, Sowah Din Community and Salas Pre Community.
Ghana Rugby understands that Covid is real and has tested more than 400 times in the past 12 months. Instructions have also been given to observe all the Covid 19 protocols by observing social distancing, washing our hands , taking the vitamins C, D and Zinc to boost and protect immune systems.
The President of Greater Accra Rugby Association Mr Aziz Issah graced the occasion.
The match commissioner of the tournament was Mr Lovemore Kuzarera who is the Head Coach of Ghana Rugby followed by the referee of the tournament Mr Jeffery Chiwanda and assisted by Kofi Montchon who is player practicing refereeing.
At the end of the day, both Sowah Din Community boys and girls won the tournament.
The event according to the President and Board Chairman of Ghana Rugby was supported by Africa Rugby and Societe Generale Ghana.
Rafatu Inusah who was responsible for the event commended the coaches, development officers and volunteers in their efforts to bring the boys and girls from their various communities to participate in this tournament (Anita Attieku, Apalo Christian,Mohammed Iddrisu, Mary Plange and Rita Afelibiik).
Mr. Mensah confirmed that GIR tournaments are planned for the foreseeable future and urged the principle organizers of these Tournament events Ms. Inusah Rafatu (Educator and Zone 1 coordinator) and Mr Steve Noi (National Coordinator) to expand the programme
- Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in assault on Citi FM journalist
- ASEPA calls for the removal of GJA President, Affail Monney
- Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
- NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
- Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
- We have not failed humanity by building prison infrastructure – Church of Pentecost
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
- Francis Xavier-Sosu: Eid-ul-Fitr reflections – Human rights and security implications, the case of Wesley Girls’ and the Methodist Church
- Education Minister engages stakeholders of Christian Mission Schools over Wesley Girls’ brouhaha
Akufo-Addo visits France, Belgium and South Africa as part of post-Covid engagements
Today’s front pages: Friday, May 14, 2021
NSMQ2021: Perfect ‘salah’ gift as Tamale SHS wins maiden Northern Zonal Championship
Coach Paa Kwasi Fabin names 27-man Black Meteors squad to face Japan
Real Madrid win to keep title dream alive
GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
Liverpool boost top four hopes with win at Man Utd
Sancho and Haaland score doubles as Dortmund win German Cup
National Security Ministry to probe alleged assault on Citi FM journalists by security operatives
Government is committed to investing more in the youth – NYA Deputy CEO
NSMQ 2021: Tamale Islamic SHS denied ‘Eid-Trophy’ after Notre Dame SHS exited them at semis of Northern Zonal Championship
Don’t reduce our schools to ideological and religious fighting grounds – Akufo-Addo tells religious leaders
NSMQ 2021: Mfantsipim destroys Adisadel, University Practice and Assin State College to win Central Regional Championship
Full text: Speaker Alban Bagbin’s message on the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr
Driver arraigned over expired insurance certificate