The Black Stars will be in pot 2 of the play-off round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers for Africa.
10 African teams qualified to the final round of qualifiers with five places to fight for.
Those five qualification places will be decided by five two-legged play-off matches due to take place in March.
The 10 qualified teams include Andre Ayew’s Ghana, Egypt, Algeria, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal and Tunisia.
The best five ranked teams in the FIFA rankings were seeded to pot 1 as the others were left unseeded in pot 2.
Ghana, currently ranked 7th in Africa, missed out on pot 1 alongside Egypt, who are ranked 6th on the continent.
Here’s a full list of the 10 African teams that’ll be contesting in the playoffs of the World Cup qualifiers:— Joy Sports (@JoySportsGH) November 16, 2021
🇨🇩 DR Congo pic.twitter.com/1HXFFtIdM8
Teams from the same pot can’t face each other, therefore, the Black Stars will draw one of Senegal, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco or Nigeria in the playoffs.
The draw for the playoffs is set to take place on December 18 with the games being played in March next year.
- Perez Chapel’s Agyinasare given 14 days to appear before Nogokpo traditional leaders
- Rastafarian student nearly rejected by Achimota School may represent them at NSMQ
- Lack of transparency and accountability may force us to cut support to School Feeding Programme – World Bank
- Can Gyekye-Quayson lawfully run as an MP in the Assin-North bye-election? (Kwaku Azar writes)
- Nottingham Forest release Andre Ayew
- Man fined GH¢2k and a sheep for allegedly attempting to sleep with friend’s wife
- ‘If NPP can get a consensus candidate, it’ll help us tremendously’ – Hackman
- 1V1D: Government spent averagely ¢670k on each of the ‘dried dams’ – Research
- Newly commissioned Catechist dies during Communion Service at Gowrie
- Man jailed 4 years for leaving fatally injured girlfriend in car
- Ghanaian now Mayor of Royal Borough of Greenwich, UK
- MSport Football Challenge: Road to final 2023
- BECE will not be cancelled – GES Boss
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful steps down
- Ken Ofori-Atta sues Captain Smart ¢10m for defamation
- Deloitte Ghana’s volunteer day impacts 10,000 students
- Government committed to a swift revival of economy – Ofori-Atta to foreign investors
- Biden says debt ceiling deal averted ‘economic collapse’
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses Supreme Court ruling on Domelevo, NPP flagbearer race
- Soo, Wasipe hostilities: Mahama calls for urgent intervention of Overlords of Mamprugu and Gonjaland
- Comfort Yeboah
- Assin North by-election: NDC will not win with sympathy votes – Nana Boakye
- British Airways fined $1.1m by US government
- Ama Ata Aidoo made tremendous contributions to Ghana, Africa’s development – Akufo-Addo
- Forgive me if I’ve misled you – Akuapem Poloo apologises to fans