The Minister of Energy, says Ghana’s oil production under President Akufo-Addo is unmatched.
The Ministry said President Akufo-Addo’s vision has led to discovery of more oil wells.
In a press statement issued on Tuesday, February 7, the Ministry thus said former President John Dramani Mahama’s claimof no additional production activity in our upstream oil sector under Akufo-Addo is is inaccurate.
It thus asked Ghanaians to disregard the claims by the former President.
“For the record, under Akufo-Addo’s presidency, Ghana has seen an unprecedented oil wells success rate from all exploration drilled from 2017 to date.
“Out of seven exploration wells drilled during the period, six of them were successful in seven discoveries.”
Mr Mahama in a tweet on Monday, said teh government’s ineptitude has led to no production in the oil sector.
The former President added this is backed greed by those in power.
“Wasted years! We bequeathed to the Akufo-Addo gov’t two new oil fields, TEN and Sankofa.
“Greed and ineptitude as against national interest means a sad reality of no additional production activity in our upstream oil sector in the last 7 years.”
This, the Energy Ministry says it has been compelled to respond.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents