The Administrator of Ghana Investment Fund for Electronic Communications (GIFEC), Prince Sefah, has paid a 3-Day Working Visit with some members of the GIFEC technical support team, to some selected Project Sites of the Fund in the Greater Accra and Central Regions, as part of efforts to strengthen project oversight and implementation.
The Working Visit also afforded him the opportunity to enhance relationships with some stakeholders of the Fund, especially Municipal/ District Chief Executives and Traditional Authorities.
In the Greater Accra Region, the Administrator inspected the newly-constructed CIC at Dansoman in the Ablekuma West Municipality, which is now ready for commissioning.
In the Central Region, he met the Chiefs of Awutu Senya, in the company of the District Chief Executive (DCE) of Awutu Senya West, Joseph Aidoo where he informed them of some GIFEC initiatives within the District, particularly the newly-constructed CIC at Bawjiase and Senya Breku, and the ongoing Ghana Rural Telephony and Digital Inclusion Project, GRT&DIP, and expressed his commitment to ensuring that these projects are completed and put to use for the benefit of the community by next month.
He also assured that plans are advancing towards provision of additional Ghana Telephony and Digital Inclusion Project (GRT&DIP) in the Awutu enclave.
“Since inception, GIFEC has provided innovative solutions to ensure Universal Access and Digital Inclusion in the remotest parts of the country, and to all marginalized communities of Ghana, through three main ICT programme areas: Infrastructural Development, Equipment and Resource Provision and Capacity Building, a commitment we are willing to continue until the whole country is covered” he noted.
He also emphasized the importance of the Cyberlabs Project, adding that the programme is aimed at improving access to ICT by providing ICT equipment to schools, institutions and communities. GIFEC has so far constructed 274 CICs and equipped about 1,000 schools with ICT equipment to enhance ICT access and digital inclusion, through the programme, he said.
According to him, although slightly delayed by the COVID-19 Pandemic, the unprecedented project, since it commenced in 2020, has chalked some remarkable milestones in its implementation. The project has so far been built in 780 communities, with 501 integrated to the core network and 366 On-Air and delivering voice and data services to over 120,000 average daily subscribers across various Rural Communities.
Prince Sefah joined the Green Ghana Day Programme at Assin Kushea, by planting some seedlings to contribute to the tree planting exercise
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Recent measures by government to revamp the economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- AstraZeneca’s Healthy Heart Africa programme set to expand to 10 more countries
- We won’t approve 2023 budget if sector ministers don’t appear in Parliament – Minority
- Accelerating the pace to aviation net zero carbon emissions
- Bishop Herman College crowns 70th years of excellence
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- South Africa’s Cyril Ramaphosa faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- ADB fetes 38th National Farmers Day nominees
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- Japan Motors supports Farmer’s Day celebration with cargo tricycles
- US Ambassador Virginia Palmer pays courtesy call on BoG Governor
- Minority laments delay in voting on censure motion against Ofori-Atta
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- NAHSAG unites ahead of Annual Delegates Congress
- NDC demands immediate release of arrested party fan
- McDan Group CEO, AfCFTA boss meet on strategy and execution of trading regime