The Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) CEO, Yofi Grant, led a delegation from Ghana to visit and tour Tyler Perry Studios in the United States of America.
The delegation included the CEO of Ghana Export Promotion Authority, Dr Afua Asabea Asare, executives from the Ghana International Chamber of Commerce (GHICC), and the Ghana Council of Georgia members.
The delegation, after their tour, held a meeting with Elon D. Johnson, Senior Creative Executive of Production and Development at the Tyler Perry Studios.
This meeting encouraged Tyler Perry Studios to consider Ghana as an ideal location for its production hub in Africa.
The delegation from Ghana addressed the great talents and opportunities in Ghana’s creative arts industry and called for Tyler Perry Studios to come to invest in Ghana.
Before this, movie actor and comedian Michael Blackson stated in an exclusive interview with Doreen Avio that he would get investors and some of his colleagues in Hollywood, including Tyler Perry, to invest in the Ghana movie industry.
On the heels of that, he tweeted on February 16: “Hey @tylerperry, let’s go half on a film studio in Ghana, I’ll get the land, and you build the studio.”
“I ran into a few film commissioners that were here last week. We talked about how we need a big film studio here, so I will reach out to my big boys like Tyler Perry to see if he would be interested in extending something over here,” Michael Blackson said on Let’s Talk Showbiz.
According to him, the industry needs funds and other things, including a film studio, to flourish; adding that, he would like Ghana to be a spot for filmmakers worldwide to visit and shoot their projects.
- BoG keeps policy rate unchanged at 30%
- Dr Norvishie Arkutu: Dealing with dental anxiety in oral health delivery
- There are lack of teachers, books for arts education in basic schools – Terry Bright Ofosu
- Nana Kwasi Gyan-Apenteng: Letter to European Commission President on Migrant Crisis
- Buildings demolition: Drobo chief accuses Japekrom Traditional Council, MUSEC of complicity
- COVID-19: Ghanaians urged to take vaccination exercise seriously
- Bill to remove 15% sanitary pad tax introduced
- Alan Kyerematen to speak on his political future today
- Raymond Acquah: Ada Radio’s Noah Dameh, a true hero of our time
- Total Mobile Money transactions hit ¢1.190trn in eight months of 2023 – BoG
- Entries open for 10th edition of Ghana CSR Excellence Awards
- You are a role model; you have transformed Ghana Airports Company – Deputy Transport Minister to MD
- Give women more leadership roles – Government told
- Flood from Bui dam spillage leaves 1,500 residents displaced in Buipe
- Nearly 2.4 million Ghanaians could be suffering mental illnesses – WHO