On-demand delivery platform, Glovo has extended its operations to Tema as part of its strategy to serve customers across all major cities better.
Tema, located 25 kilometres (16 miles) east of Accra, the capital of the Tema Metropolitan Assembly, is the second city to experience the easy-to-use multicategory app.
The General Manager (GM) for Glovo Ghana, Pearlyn Budu, said the expansion will enable Tema residents to experience Glovo’s world-class delivery service.
“Since our operations in March, we have had one of the largest delivery operations covering Adenta, Weija, Osu, East Legon, Ashaley Botwe, Osu, Cantonments, Achimota, Dansoman, Spintex, Labone, Airport, Dzorwulu, and many more.
“We have received great feedback from customers and vendors. Also, we have onboard top vendors like Papa’s Pizza, Starbites, CheezzyPizza, Eddy’s Pizza on the app for our customers in Tema to enjoy”.
“Glovo users are exposed to different categories they can choose from such as Restaurants, Supermarket, Drinks, Package Delivery, and Anything. The ‘Anything’ category is our most unique category as it allows users to run errands from the comfort of their location.
“Users can also leave notes or a list of the items they need, and our Glovers will deliver. We also have the ‘Shops & Gifts’ category in some locations, which allows users to shop directly from various stores.
“We are elated to be in Tema, as inhabitants of the big city will be able to enjoy our world-class delivery services”, she added.
Ms Budu further noted that Glovo plans to invest in further expanding its footprint in Ghana.
“We are very excited to announce our presence in Tema in addition to Accra within the short period of operations in Ghana. Furthermore, we are committed to connecting more Ghanaians to an ever-expanding portfolio of outlets on the multicategory app”.
Glovo is one of the world’s leading multi-category delivery players who launched its operations in Ghana in March 2021.
The on-demand platform aims to make the lives of Ghanaians easier by providing access to convenient delivery services. On the app, orders can be made to be received on-demand or scheduled to be received on a date and time that is more convenient for the user.
There are several payment methods that users can choose. The platform accepts Mobile Money, Cash and Direct debit cards as means of making payments.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALARY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration
- Investors in government securities must be protected – Dr Adu Anane tells regulators
- Ayorkor Botchwey cuts sod for construction of Foreign Ministry annex