Officials of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) have been deployed to Nkwanta North in the Volta Region to confirm if a liquid substance said to be oozing from a well is truly crude oil.
Residents of the area are already jubilating over claims of oil find, Friday afternoon.
A man said to be digging a well for water was shocked when an oily substance suspected to be crude oil started gushing out.
The Member of Parliament of the area John Oti Bless is also convinced the substance is crude oil.
He told Joy News’ Evans Mensah the find is God’s answer to their prayer for water.
According to him, residents of the area have been suffering under extreme water shortage for years with most of them resorting to dug-out wells.
It was the search for water that has brought this blessing of oil find, Oti Bless said.
“The people have suffered too much. It is a positive signal from God. A lot of jobs will be created,” he added.
He said the area has been fenced after a huge crowd surged to have a glimpse.
Joy News can confirm that officials of the GNPC have been despatched to the area to ascertain the veracity of the claim.
National Security officials have also moved to the place.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Auctioning of vehicles at Tema Port to go online by end of October, 2022- GRA
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- UTAG, 3 university labour unions to strike on October 13
- We need a national discussion on how to make Ghana’s debt sustainable – Ato Forson
- Morocco issues first cannabis production permits
- Ukraine’s uphill battle to gain Africa’s support
- Victims of human trafficking need adequate information on the issue – Media consultant
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable -Dr. Acheampong
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Scientists, policy makers to benefit from KNUST’s Building Stronger Universities project
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line in the sea for 9 years
- We are determined to build trustworthy and robust institutions – Chief Justice assures
- B. A. Mensah: Ghanaians are about to get a break from the fuel crisis
- Playback: PM Express discusses Ghana’s unsustainable debt levels and impact on IMF negotiations
- I will deal with government officials found complicit in galamsey activities – Akufo-Addo
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu, Bessa Simons, Spiky, others confirmed as speakers for 2022 Ghana DJ Clinic
- Nigerian singer Asa threatens Joeboy with copyright lawsuit, demands ₦300m