GOIL Plc, Ghana’s leading Oil Marketing Company (OMC), has donated 10 multi-purpose hospital beds valued over 40,000 to Asuom Health Centre at Asuom in the Kwaebibirem Municipality of the Eastern region.
Making the presentation on Thursday, September 29th, 2022 at Asuom, the Public Relations Manager of GOIL, Robert Kyere said, GOIL, received a distress request of hospital beds from two natives of Asuom, namely, Oheneba Charles and Maxwell Atuanor Dwirah, who are the PR Consultants of GOIL for over 10 years.
“Due to the good working relationship these two personalities have with GOIL, the Group CEO/MD of GOIL, Hon. Kwame Osei Prempeh did not have any difficulty approving their request, hence, the donation of these multi-purpose hospital beds to improve the health delivery of the chiefs and people of Asuom and its adjoining communities”, Mr. Kyere explained.
Receiving the beds on behalf of Asuom, Osabarima Ofosuhene Apenteng II. Asuomhene, expressed appreciation to GOIL for the timely donation of the beds because the Asuom Health Centre was in dire need of beds.
He thanked the Group CEO/MD of GOIL, Kwame Osei Prempeh, Oheneba Charles and Maxwell Atuanor Dwirah for their thoughtfulness and; like Oliver Twist, he asked GOIL for more.
He used the occasion to appeal to individuals and corporate bodies who are natives of Asuom to come to the aid of Asuom Health Centre and the development of Asuom in general.
Also present at the short ceremony included, Kwasi Ansah Antwi Boasiako-MA of Asuom Health Centre, Osabarima Baah Ntiku-Asuom Mintahene, Madam Sabina Jones-Health Committee Chairperson and some Assembly members of Asuom.
Ghana Oil Company Plc is a state-owned Oil Marketing Company (OMC). It was established in 1960. Currently, GOIL is Ghana’s top OMC and it is the only indigenous OMC that is owned by Ghanaians.
The Government of Ghana owns about 51% shares, SSNIT owns about 18% shares and Ghanaian individuals owns about 31% shares. GOIL provides good energy and it is strictly Ghanaian so the profit stays in Ghana for development.
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change