Government for the second week running recorded an oversubscription of Treasury bills sale, according to data from the Bank of Ghana.
The government secured a total of ¢2.39 billion, 9.9% more than the targeted amount of ¢2.176 billion.
This signals improved liquidity compared to recent weeks and some level of increasing investor confidence.
According to the auction results, bids tendered for the 91-day T-bills were estimated at ¢2.066 billion. All the funds were accepted.
For the 182 T-bills, ¢224.44 million was tendered with ¢223.55 million accepted.
¢101.71 was however secured from the issuance of the 364-day T-bill.
Meanwhile, the yield for the 91-day T-bill was 35.54%, higher than the previous week of 35.19%.
For the 182-day Treasury bill, the interest rate was 36.37%, 0.39% higher than the past week.
The 364-day T-bill however went for 35.89%
|Securities||Bids Tendered (GH¢)||Bids Accepted (GH¢)|
|91 Day Bill||2.066 billion||2.066 billion|
|182 Day Bill||224.44 million||224.44 million|
|Total||2.392 billion||2.392 billion|
|Target||2.176 billion||2.176 billion|
- Fuel prices to increase by 7%-13% from February 1, 2023 – IES
- The Fourth Estate uncovers fraud in SHS computerised placement
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Full video: SHS computerised placement for sale
- New chief falls from palanquin during coronation in Central Region
- Debt Exchange Programme: Article 71 Office Holders must take a 50% haircut – Labour Federation
- Haruna led Minority leadership had challenges working with Bagbin – Asiedu Nketia
- Education Ministry cautions against payment of money for school placement
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Ahuofe Patri loses mother
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- Managers of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall arrested for tax violations
- Let’s not abandon ‘Azonto’ genre in music – DWP Dance Academy US manager
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Kwabena Kwabena celebrates Agya Koo Nimo on 92nd birthday
- Modernisation and harmonisation of regulatory frameworks critical for universal broadband coverage by 2030 – MTN Group CEO
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- $350k STEM project inaugurated in Accra
- Alan is a servant leader – Rev Ampiah-Kwofi
- Economic activity moderates; but business, consumer confidence improves – BoG Governor
- Assist police to bring perpetrators to book – MP appeals to Krofrom residents
- Banks profit fall by 18.9% to ¢3.9bn in 2022
- Exposé on school placement: I’m appreciative of your investigations – Education Minister tells Fourth Estate