Audio By Carbonatix
Government is to roll out a ¢1 billion inter-ministerial job creation initiative between now and 2024.
One million jobs are to be created under the initiative, which also seeks to strengthen the coordination of job creation efforts across the sectors of the economy.
Mr Ignatius Baffour Awuah, the Minister for Employment and Labour Relations, announced in Parliament, in Accra, on Tuesday that Government would soon outline a major policy statement on the initiative, to the House.
According to him, the initiative seeks to strengthen the coordination of job creation efforts across the sectors, adding that, an estimated one million jobs are expected to be created for the youth out of the programme between now and 2024.
Mr Awuah made the announcement when responding to a question by Sophia Ackuaku, Member of Parliament (MP) for Domeabra/Obom on what plans the Ministry has in terms of creating jobs for the youth and women in her constituency to enable them to support themselves and their families.
Mr Awuah also explained that the youth and women in the Domeabra/Obom Constituency would be beneficiaries of the GHC1billion initiative.
Mr Awuah also noted that since 2017 to date, the government had been working assiduously to create various jobs opportunities for Ghanaians particularly the youth across the country.
He said as a result, a number of jobs have been created through the implementation of various government job creation interventions such as Planting for Food and Jobs Programme, One District One Factory Programme, Nations’ Builders Corp (NABCO), Youth Employment Programme under the YEA and National Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme.
Latest Stories
-
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
12 minutes -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
16 minutes -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
29 minutes -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
1 hour -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
1 hour -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
1 hour -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
1 hour -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
1 hour -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
1 hour -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
2 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
2 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
2 hours -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
2 hours -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
2 hours -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
2 hours