The Electoral Commission has reminded people who want to guarantee for applicants that they should know such people before they become their guarantors.
“If it turns out that the applicant you guarantee for is not qualified, the guarantor will be held accountable including; prosecution”, Dr Bossman Eric Asare, Deputy Chair in charge of Corporate Service has said.
He discounted a debate in the public domain that the ‘Other’ specified in the guarantor form means anyone can guarantee for another person.
“The ‘Other’ is indicated because we cannot write all the possible relations of applicants. So the Commission expects that anyone guaranteeing who is not a parent or sibling will indicate the kind of relation such as uncle, teacher, and supervisor, among others. In essence, you must know people before you guarantee for them” he said.
He also asked eligible applicants not to give out their cards or telephone numbers to political party agents.
Dr Asare said the fact that the two main political party agents had agreed to take details at the registration centres did not make it mandatory for individual applicants to give out their cards to them.
- ‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
- Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
- Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
- Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated
- Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
- ‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
- Playback: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s Fitch downgrade and Labianca case
- Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
- Barcelona register 4 new signings in time for opener
- Prosecution granted access to track phone calls of suspects in Asamankese chieftaincy violence
‘We promise to support you’ – Bawumia to Ga state at 2022 Homowo
Bridget Otoo ties the knot at private ceremony
One Ghanaian delegate goes ‘missing’ after Commonwealth Games
BoG gives assurance cedi’s stability will be restored
Satanic Verses author Salman Rushdie stabbed in the neck
‘Gari and beans’ lowers risk of belly fat, obesity
Special Prosecutor’s findings in Labianca case technically flawed – Customs Staff Association
Schools under trees: Pupils of Apaaso DA Basic School near Kintampo appeal for help
Akufo-Addo, Ya-Na commend Farouk Aliu Mahama for Yendi City Project initiative
Labianca case: Special Prosecutor’s findings not surprising – GII
‘Ghana Beyond Aid’ actually in need of more aid – Bokpin
Bulk importers to be one of the hardest hit by Ghana’s poor credit ratings – AGI
Ghana’s economic rating downgrade reflects reality – Theo Acheampong
Asanteman walk for Alan non-political – NPP stalwart
Messi misses out on 2022 Ballon d’Or as Cristiano Ronaldo, Salah, Benzema, Mane, others get nominated