Audio By Carbonatix
Documents relating to the Duke of Sussex's US visa application have been unsealed in court.
They are heavily redacted, however, and no details have been given as to what Prince Harry put on his immigration form.
A US court had ordered the release of the documents based on a freedom of information request by the Heritage Foundation, a conservative US think tank in Washington DC.
The foundation alleges that the prince concealed his past use of drugs, which should have disqualified him from obtaining a US visa.
The allegations centre around his claims in his memoir Spare, where he referred to taking cocaine, marijuana and psychedelic mushrooms.
Application forms for US visas specifically ask about current and past drug use.
Admissions of drug use can lead to non-immigrant and immigrant visa applications being rejected, although immigration officers have the discretion to make a final decision based on different factors.
In the event, very little information was disclosed in the documents which were released on Tuesday.
The prince's visa form has not been released.

Instead, the documents that were released are supporting declarations and court transcripts created in the course of the Heritage Foundation's case.
They reveal that the US government previously told a court that the duke could be subjected to harassment if his visa records were made public.
A chief freedom of information officer within the US Department for Homeland Security (DHS) could be seen to argue that releasing the material "would potentially expose the individual to harm from members of the public".
The declaration from Jarrod Panter, submitted to the court in April last year, reads: "The USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) routinely protects from disclosure the non-immigrant/immigrant status sought by third parties who do not have permission from the beneficiary to receive this information.
"To release such information would potentially expose the individual to harm from members of the public who might have a reason to manipulate or harass individuals depending on their status in the United States."
The declaration added: "To release his exact status could subject him to reasonably foreseeable harm in the form of harassment as well as unwanted contact by the media and others."
Sam Dewey from the Heritage Foundation told the BBC that he believes the DHS has not provided all its papers. He said he is "frustrated" and that this is "not the end of the road".
Dewey expects the next move to be a "sort of filing" that could lay out the next steps, adding: "We may well have another lawsuit against Department of Homeland Security."
He accuses the prince of privilege, alleging he has benefitted from his "wealth and status" by being allowed to live in the US.
'It wasn't much fun'
In his controversial memoir, published in January 2023, Prince Harry wrote that he first tried cocaine at the age of 17.
"It wasn't much fun, and it didn't make me particularly happy, as it seemed to make everyone around me, but it did make me feel different, and that was the main goal," he added.
He also wrote about using marijuana, saying "cocaine didn't do anything for me", but "marijuana is different, that actually really did help me".
The court's decision that the files be released came after a 2024 ruling which said there was not enough public interest in disclosing Prince Harry's immigration records.
The Heritage Foundation contested that ruling and pushed for the judgement to be changed.
Prince Harry moved to the US with his wife Meghan in 2020 after stepping down as a working royal. It is not clear what visa he entered the country on, while the duchess is a US citizen.
President Donald Trump previously ruled out deporting Prince Harry in February, telling the New York Post: "I'll leave him alone... He's got enough problems with his wife. She's terrible."
Meghan has been a vocal critic of Trump in the past, labelling him a "misogynist".
The BBC has contacted the duke's office for comment.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana-Russia Center signs landmark cooperation agreements at KazanForum 2026
2 minutes -
Sankofa Gold Mine, Guangzhou Hozdo partnership signals revival push as Ghana’s Western mining sector heats up
6 minutes -
From Snapchat Stories to Snapchat Headquarters: Chef Abbys is taking Ghana to the world one plate at a time
20 minutes -
Photos: Vice President commissions 100 new Metro Mass Transit buses
27 minutes -
GNFS rescues seven trapped in crash at Peki-Tsiame
32 minutes -
GNFS rescues trapped driver after cargo truck overturns at Fante New Town
38 minutes -
Photos from JoyNews National Dialogue on youth and climate change
54 minutes -
Woman accused of threatening President Mahama granted GH¢1 million bail
1 hour -
One dead, 4 injured in articulated truck collision at Assin Nsuta
1 hour -
To Nationalise or Transform? Joy Business Hosts Roundtable on Ghana’s Extractive Future
1 hour -
NACOC partners UPSA-RCC to train enumerators for baseline study on substance use among youth
1 hour -
Kay Codjoe Writes: The dangerous romance between inciteful extremism and “free speech”
1 hour -
From Ghana to Canada: The rising influence of Ghanaian scholars opening global doors for students
2 hours -
Gender Ministry backs Black Maidens ahead of crucial World Cup qualifiers
2 hours -
Many are called, but hostel fees have chosen few
2 hours