“She started getting threats on social media and through e-mails [saying] that she is a snitch and how could she do that,” Juror No. 2’s younger sister told The Post on Thursday. “She is scared.”
The anonymous juror deactivated all of her social media accounts and fled her Harlem apartment after giving a TV interview to “Inside Edition” that revealed her role in the high-profile case earlier this week.
“She deactivated her social media and left three days ago,” said the juror’s sister, who answered the door of the juror’s home and declined to give her name. “She thought if she spoke once, everyone would leave her alone.”
The juror has been refusing calls from everybody in recent days — even own boyfriend — while she hunkers down, waiting for reaction to the verdict to “calm down,” her sister said.
The sister could not say what, other than being called a “snitch,” was contained in the threats or what the trolls’ motivations were.
The juror was one of the 12 men and women who found the disgraced movie mogul guilty of rape in the third degree against Jessica Mann, and guilty of a criminal sex act in the first degree against Miriam Haley Monday in a huge win for the #MeToo movement.
On Tuesday, the juror told “Inside Edition” — appearing on camera but without using her name — that she hopes the guilty verdict gives victims closure.
“Tensions were very high. Everyone was nervous,” she said of the deliberation. “All I can say is that the temperature in the room was very high.”
She also described being disgusted by seeing naked photos of Weinstein that were entered into evidence.
“I tried to block it out,” she told the TV news magazine.
“It was presented to us, so it wasn’t something that we could have blocked out — but it’s hard not to make a face.”
She said that her hands were sweating after she and the rest of the jury reached the verdict.
“I felt like my heart was literally going to pop out of my chest. It was just, I wouldn’t say nerve-wracking, but it was just, ‘this is it, this is the moment,’” she said.
She added that she hopes the verdict helps the victims move forward.
“Every last woman that took the stand, I wish them the best. I hope this is now a chapter that they can close and move forward with their lives now,” she said.
It wasn’t clear when the juror planned to return home. Other relatives declined to comment.
Weinstein, 67, is facing a sentence of five to 29 years.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation