Another week has ended fruitfully for some, exceptional for others and a time for goodbyes in some of your favourite celebs’ lives.
Feuds with Tinny continued but this time it switched from D Black to Kwaw Kese.
Kwaw Kese did not take it lightly when Tinny tagged him as a whack rapper. The rapper was so furious he threatened to slap Tinny when the hiplife artiste when they meet in public.
He called out the rapper for still living with his mum and also not having any award to his name after years of being in the music industry.
In an interview with Dr Pounds on Hitz FM, Tinny said if Kwaw Kese understands that he was only offering his opinion when he called the rapper wack, he (Tinny) will be willing to smoke the peace pipe.
The President of the Creative Art Council, Mark Okraku Mantey in an interview said the new Vodafone Ghana Music Awards theme song ‘Our Music Lives’ is below standard. He explained the song, unlike the former one by Osibisa, cannot stand the test of time.
Emerging musician, Kawoula Biov, who featured Patapaa Amisty on his ‘Daavi Neba’ song, says he begged for six months before Patapaa decided to jump on the song.
The song went viral after the video was released and Patapaa’s verse went viral.
Singer Eazzy has revealed she would not work with 2018 VGMA Highlife Artiste of the year, Kuami Eugene and ‘One Corner’ artiste Patapaa.
The singer who appeared on the Joy FM behind the fame on Drive time with Lexis Bill said, she had absolutely nothing against them but her style of music is different from theirs.
NDC gives a car to Borborliborblor singer, Evangelist IK Aning, after violating copyright laws when they adopted the song for their campaign.
Read more: NDC gives car to ‘Borborliborbor’ singer
Actor and comedian Kalybos was involved in an accident that destroyed his brand new Dodge Charger. Kalybos was on his way to Kumasi to premiere Kofas Media’s new movie ‘Away Bus’.
Comedian Funny Face also welcome a set of twins with his new wife.
Read more: Funny Face welcomes twins
It was not a pleasant Thursday morning when Ghana woke up to hear the news of veteran Peace FM broadcaster, Henrietta Twum’s demise.
The broadcaster, popularly known as Maame Afia Konadu, passed on after a short battle with pneumonia.
Rapper Medikal came out with a new hit titled ‘Father’. The ‘Omo Ada’ hitmaker featured Nigeria’s Davido in the song.
‘Kpo Keke’ by Stonebwoy featuring Kelvyn Boy, Kwesi Arthur, Darkovibes and Medikal topped the Adom FM Music Chart.
Ghanaians filled the National Theatre to watch the much anticipated ‘The 2 Pilots’ movie. Judging from the ‘ooohs’, ‘aaahs’ and fits of laughter, the characters seem to have gotten to the audience with their comedies and surprising plots.
The Avengers Endgame assembled the biggest box office in film history, far surpassing multiple records on the books.
It recorded $1.2 billion in the opening.
In international news
Claims by Tanzania music star, Diamond Platnumz, that he Peter Okoye slept with his wife and crashed his marriage, have been reacted to by the Nigerian music star.
Tiwa Savage has announced she is no longer with Mavin Records. The singer has signed a new deal with the Universal Music Group.
Read more: Why I left Mavin Records – Tiwa Savage
Actor Idris Elba married his girlfriend Sabrina Dhowre in beautiful Moroccan wedding.
Game of Thrones star, Sophie Turner, also got married to her longtime boyfriend Joe Jonas in Vegas. The couple hit a Vegas church after the Billboard Music Awards to exchange vows.
Hollywood also had to mourn the death of one of its best the director, producer and screenwriter, John Singleton.
John Singleton died on Monday, April 29, after suffering a stroke.
Drake has broken the record for the number of Billboard Music Awards received by an artist – after picking up another 12 at Wednesday’s event.
More stories from Myjoyonline.com
For more entertainment stories click here
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators