A man in his late 30s has been arrested at Adaklu in the Volta region for the alleged murder of an 8-year-old girl, Shine Agyima in the Ho Central Municipality of the Volta region.
According to the residents in Nyive where the girl was murdered, the suspect confessed to the killing.
He reportedly did this for ritual purposes. The JoyNews reporter explained, the suspect said he was instructed by a fetish priest to drink the blood of a girl in a ritual meant to bring him money.
The Mankrando of Nyive Togbe Apasu strongly believes the state of the victim’s body points to ritual murder.
The suspect, according to the residents, stays not too far from family of the victim in Nyive.
The family and residents of Nyive said they are living in fear as a result of the incident. They fear there are others in the community who may be targetting children for ritual murder.
The mother of the girl Serwa Abalu said she is traumatized by the loss of her innocent daughter.
“I am a poor woman with no husband to help me and now they have killed my only daughter “ Serwa Abalu lamented
The Togbe has pleaded with the police to make ensure that all persons connected to the crime are arrested and put before court.
The Volta Regional Police PRO, Prince Dogbatseyi in an interview with JoyNews stated the investigation is ongoing to make sure that justice is given to the girl.
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
- Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Greed, dishonesty and hypocrisy must be eschewed in ‘galamsey’ fight – Asantehene
Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
Attacks on journalists: Seek help from international bodies if national agencies fail to address problem – Ken Ashigbey
Shun party politics at the workplace – Central Regional Minister
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
Wesley Girls no fasting policy: Peace Council calls on Ghanaians to be circumspect in pronouncements
Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin